Bad
Good

I thoroughly enjoyed my four years at Skyview. I was one of a few students who was involved in AP classes, drama, band, and sports. While I understand the argument that sports get most of the money, I think it's a false perception. The funding for the sports is mostly earned through admissions to their events and concessions. Band and drama need to charge and have concessions if they want that kind of funding. Academically, I felt that the teachers did the best they could with the resources they had. It's unfortunate that there aren't more opportunities, but even if there were students and parents would complain. I had great experiences with most of my teachers and staff. There were no clique or bullying problems when I was in school there. I think the A/B days and different lunch schedules really help with that. I wouldn't hesitate to have my kids go to Skyview.

The school administration needs to do a better job preventing bullying and creating a more nurturing and challenging environment for students. This school seems to fall right in line with the overarching problems that face the entire NSD district. If you are thinking of moving to Nampa and have children be warned.

I'm a student that atttended all 3 years at East Valley Middle School in Nampa and was set up and very involved in Columbia's programs (both athletic and academic) and had developed a great relationship with all of my "future coaches" there. When my 8th grade year came around, I had qualified to take two classes at Columbia High School and had one of the worst school experiences that drug out the entire year. It became very evident that there was much more drug dealing present at Columbia than other high schools I knew much about. Starting on the first day, it became apparent that it was very much a preppy school with horrible teacher's who's only goal seemed to be to hand out a lesson and make it through the day to keep the students busy. Also, after years of continous failure in their football and basketball programs, the athletic director still refuses to replace the coaching staff. Unfortunately, the lack of coaching drags down all the way to the Middle School level where we had amazing potential and still didnt manage to win a single game in football or basketball all 3 years. When I finally began to realize this, I transfered to Skyview and have had the best experience.

I believe Skyview High School in Nampa Idaho, out of the three high school's in Nampa, it is one of the best. I know lots of people impressed with this school, such as students, parents, and teachers. I reccomend this school for students.

this school is great and has a helping staff ready to work with your children

One of the best school in the state. Great teachers and amazing sports.

Our youngest son is thriving at Skyview. We observe a high level of professionalism, and there is good communication. The power school website is great for following academic progress. The longer class periods allow students to complete most of their 'homework' in class. The only drawback to this is that unless students take a lot of difficult AP classes, they won't be prepared for the amount of independent studying required when they get to college, especially if they choose a difficult science or math major. As parents of university students, our advice to our youngest son is to take as many AP classes as possible. We appreciate that Skyview offers plenty of choices.

I'm a 2007 graduate who went to Skyview for three years. While the school does offer a rather impressive array of classes I found that many of the teachers weren't -aloud- to run them as they should be. Administration put far to many rules on the teachers that completely made them helpless when it came to their students. Not only that, but Administration seemed far more worried about trivial things going on in other schools rather than focusing on their own. Also, the Academy system is one of the worst systems. All it does is limits a student's potential by severely narrowing the class options. The best thing to do is avoid getting stuck (yes, -stuck- they make it horribly difficult to change or get out of them) in the Academies. Also, taking AP courses is the best bet. The professionals that teach the AP courses are the best.

I have had several children go through Skyview & have seen the school evolve over the last 5 years. The 1 thing that has not changed is the over funding of athletics & less funding for the academics & arts. Until we as parents make a big deal out of that, it will not change. The teachers that i have spoken with in the building feel the same, but have their hands tied as employees. We as parents in this community need to make the choice on what to support. I choose academics & the arts. What about you?

I graduated in 2007, my personal experience at Skyview definitely had its ups and downs. In my opinion Skyview only has a handful of teachers that are willing to teach and challenge us. Yes the others do their job, but they let us slack off. If you get in to the higher AP and CP Classes, you usually get the good teachers. If you re looking for a place with a lot of social aspects, Skyview should be your first choice. I do wish that I got better preparation skills for going to college. Especially, my lovely procrastination skills that I learned, Now yes I do understand that it is partly the person, but when you re not challenged enough, or you feel like you re being dumb down one will start to slack off. If you want your children to be challenged move to Caldwell and have them attend Vallivue High School.

Last modified Skyview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.