PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

St Pauls Catholic School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
Prior to coming to St. Paul's, our family had excellent experiences with both Catholic and public schools. Assuming that a private Catholic school would be focused on academics and whole child support, in alignment with this school's mission statement, we met with the principal and were told about the school's adherence to the new educational standards and about the school's commitment to excellence. We then asked around to members of the community we trusted, and they warned us to stay far away. However, we had previously had such a positive and rich experience with our last Catholic school, we went ahead and enrolled him. Then I started looking at the 'work' coming home with my child, which was at a lower level than he had done two years prior. No math, no reading, no writing, but lots of coloring. He also reported being bored at school, which he had never done before, and came home telling me about the Veggie Tales movies he watched in class. The last straw was when I found out the discipline 'plan' was to sit kids in a corner, facing the wall -all that was missing was the dunce cap. If you want your student to go to school in 1952, this is the place for you. Otherwise run.

Posted April 22, 2012
EXCELLENT is what I have to say about St.Paul's! I have a child attending St. Paul's since preschool, except for one year he attended public school. Attending public school was a good experience because my husband and I were able to see more of a comparison. Private/Parochial Schools we found much more challenging. Just the one year our son attended public school he was behind when he went back to St.Pauls. I also feel uniforms are a must these days and should be in all schools. Another thing I cannot emphasize enough on....and that is....getting a Catholic education is definitely a better choice than going to public school,I know from experience. Any school can teach about reading, math, science but schools should be more than just that. In this world of much social injustice and personal immorality, I can't help but feel St. Paul's or any Catholic education, gives students the strength to make right choices and gives them the conscience that they need. In a nutshell,I strongly believe that St.Paul's has so far helped shape and educate my child's thinking, his feelings, beliefs, his goals,aspirations and values in life. It is a precious gift, a Catholic education.

Posted February 13, 2012
A wonderful learning environment for all children. The teachers are great with the kids and each child is recognized for their abilities. As long as a parent is willing to become involved with their child's education, the rewards of attending this school are immeasurable and truly an investment in your child's future. In my ten years of involvement, I have never known of a child who did not benefit from the small community environment where everyone knows each other. A great start to any child's education.

St Pauls Catholic School 1

Posted December 10, 2011
This school does not welcome disabled or special needs Children. The principle does not appreciate questions directed to him and is aggressive and rude to parents who question anything about the school. They have staff that humiliates kids who struggle. Its all about Money and test scores. They receive title 1 money but do not use it for special needs kids except for a cursory tutoring program that you have to go to a paid school service to even attend and then your kids are randomly selected. Kids who really need it are not allowed in some cases. If you are expecting to be treated with compassion and decency in this school and your child is less than perfect, think again.

Posted June 03, 2010
St. Paul's is a lovely school! The teachers are truly dedicated and go the extra mile to make sure each child is successful. It has a wonderful family atmosphere and I wouldn't think of sending my three children elsewhere. I moved my children from public school two years ago and can't believe the difference in their attitudes about school. They feel loved and nurtured at St. Paul's, like part of a big family.

Posted January 06, 2010
Both my children have attended this school and have excelled. It is always interesting to hear from parents who have left and report that their children are at the top of their class in their new public school. No surprise after St. Paul's provided them with the tools to excel. Another item is that the St. Paul's graduates overall do fabulously at Bishop Kelly high school. Overall, the teachers are top notch and the curriculum is outstanding. Well worth the time, money and extra effort it takes to give your children a worthwhile headstart.

St Pauls Catholic School 2

Posted July 17, 2009
My child attended St. Paul's from K-2nd grade. Unfortuantely, I felt 2nd grade curriculum was not on target to prepare 2nd graders for 3rd grade. My opinion overall of St. Paul's school (1st-2nd grade) is marginal. I would recommend parents go visit the school and ask a lot of questions, meet the teachers, principal, sit in on teaching, etc. prior to making a decision. Having my child attend this school left me wondering if private schools truly have stronger academic programs, smaller class sizes, parent support, more structure and all those other rumors you hear about them. My child is now attending a public school where the class size is much smaller, teachers are younger, more enthuastic about teacher, fresh and creative ideas which stimulate the childs thought process and creativty. I and my child are much happier in the public school system. Just a thought...

Posted May 02, 2007
Quality of academic programs is excellent. teachers work hard to provide the best curriculum possible. Our kids constantly try to better themselves through their academics, and are throughly supported by the school staff, and parents alike.

Posted February 04, 2004
St. Pauls is made up of caring individuals who challenge students to go beyond their own expectations and always stive for the best in themselves and encourage them to serve others.

St Pauls Catholic School
1515 8th Street South, Nampa, ID  83651
Last modified St Pauls Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8