Bad
Good

It really comes down to the teachers. This school has some amazing teachers who are here because they enjoy their jobs and the area. Our son is in his second year and enjoys going to school and has been encouraged in his development from his teachers.

Our son had a great experience with Mrs. Krum. Roosevelt Elementary has kids from some great surrounding communities.

Front office staff is horrible! Even when they recognize you, make you feel horrible. Worst office staff I have ever experienced.

I have had all four of my children go through this school I think it's pretty great. Just like any school you will have some teachers that aren't as great as others but overall the teachers are great. The principal isn't that great but she isn't awful either. My kids have really Loved this school.

Roosevelt is a great school. For parents who don't feel like there is communication from the staff or they don't know what is going on- you can get involved yourself. How many of those who complained have come in to the school and personally met the Principal and staff? The school is only as good as those who contribute. I have three children that attend or have attended Roosevelt Elementary. They enjoyed the school and we felt that it was a positive experience for our children. You get what you put in to it.

I was glad to see that someone else is unsatisfied with Roosevelt as well. I do not like the fact that "employees" of the school make my son uncomfortable. At the end of school, for some reason they feel the need to single out my son, by MAKING him hold their hand until they are 2 feet from me. EVEN when they can see me standing at the edge of the grass waiting for him to come to me, they will not let him run to me. WHY would so call teachers/helpers want to single out one child---If my child ever gets bullied or made fun of for this, I WILL be writing to alot more than this Web site-- I'll go to the media if need be.

My son came to Roosevelt after having attended Iowa Elementary for Kindergarten, due to a move. The schools were like night and day! I have been so disappointed with Roosevelt after having Iowa to compare it to. I feel that they do NOT keep the parents very involved with things going on at the school and I just feel like I have no connection there, despite my efforts. At Iowa we got monthly newsletters, they constantly had activities going on and things to get parents involved. Roosevelt has shown nothing of the sort. I miss Iowa every day for my son and as a parent. I look forward to the day we can move out of this school boundary...:(

Last modified Roosevelt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.