Public charter
Nampa, ID

Posted March 02, 2014
This is a great school! My son is very happy at Liberty and really likes his teachers.

Posted February 27, 2013
Students lose their place at this school only when they have a combination of 9 excused and unexcused absences. That is the attendance policy at this school which all parents know about because they sign a paper when their child is enrolled stating this policy. It's unfortunate, though, when a child loses their spot. I know the teachers, and everyone feels badly, including them, when this happens. It is a great school. My child went here and I was extremely pleased with the curriculum and the teachers.

Liberty Charter School 1

Posted February 19, 2013
I was very pleased with this school too up until today. A little kindergartener boy got kicked out of school today because he missed nine days of school. He has a medical condition and has been sick the past week. The doctor told him today that if his condition does not improve, he is going to have to be hospitalized. Where is the compassion and understanding? Not only were they not compassionate, they added insult to injury by kicking him out. I have become very displeased with this school

Posted October 17, 2011
Liberty Charter is a school of excellence. The rules may seem strict to you at first but you find it breeds learning, respect for others and authority, and an overall great atmosphere. There is no speaking in halls/restrooms and as many are aware, this is where a lot of things can happen verbally (bullying and harrassment). I love the wonderful teachers. I have a favorite, but they are all so good that I will keep it to myself. You can't miss any days of school here unless you are sick. If you want your child to succeed, get on the list at this school. It is a lottery system. The music teacher is awesome, its just a great school overall, we are just in the elementary stages, so don't know about high school yet.

Liberty Charter School 3

Posted May 02, 2011
Liberty is good for those who like a small, disciplined school. It's not always good for highly sensitive or intense students. One of our children had an excellent 2 years at Liberty, but our other two (who stayed for more than 9 years) did better after they left. A small school like Liberty cannot offer as wide a range of AP classes or technical, hands-on courses. There is no counselor on staff to advocate for individual student's needs. We appreciated the teachers at Liberty who were skilled at staying positive and respectful. We have found equally skilled teachers in the NSD high schools. I was afraid to take my son out of Liberty (because once you leave, you can't come back), but he has had an excellent experience at Skyview. Staying in one small school for too long can make it more stressful when kids eventually have to adapt to a huge university where they don't know anyone. Liberty is a great choice for some kids, but I would recommend leaving if your adolescent has a lot of complaints or if it's the only school they've ever attended.

Posted January 16, 2009
This public charter is administered by one of the best educational minds in the state of Idaho. Scores have gone up in every school wherein this administrator has been in place, and have dipped after she has moved to a different school. This has drawn attention from the State Board as well as the State Charter Commission, and her administrative techniques are observed and respected at the statehouse and by educators who have had the opportunity to view her results statewide. Having had the opportunity to observe these things first hand, I feel very fortunate to have my children in such a great school!

Posted January 16, 2009
I love this school -- I have one child in the high school and one in the elementary grades. Teachers & principal are always accessible -- I'm never surprised by how my kids are doing academically/socially as it's easy to communicate with teachers/principal via email, by phone, or in person. The website now has regular updates to the calendar, etc. Often, charter schools are not able to offer a lot of extras, like sports, but Liberty does -- in fact, the boys basketball team is currently ranked #2 in its division. But what I appreciate most is not that the education has to fit in with the sports/extra-curriculars, but that education always remains the focus with the other activities working in concert with that focus.

Posted July 09, 2008
My Kids have been attending this school since it opened in 1999. They have recieved excellent education. The HighSchool education far exceeds the local public High School and is much more difficult. The Elementary is excellent and my children are all a grade ahead of thier peers in the public schools. Excellent teachers and I have never seen the children running around in the front. The respect taught is unbelievable and there is no tolarance for teasing. Is it perfect? - of course not - but hands down better than anything in the Nampa School District (which has a horrible track record).

Posted February 14, 2008
I love the school and the teachers, I also like the principal and believe she communicates well with the students. the only thing I do not like seeing is the children running a muck in the front hall area at all hours of the day, I think there needs to be somewhere for them to wait if they are inbetween classes or waiting for a parent to pick them up. Thanks

Liberty Charter School 1

Posted November 29, 2007

Liberty Charter School
1063 East Lewis Ln, Nampa, ID  83686
Last modified Liberty Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top