Edahow Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2011
We moved to Pocatello from Rochester,MN where our kids also attended public school. We were absolutely shocked at how poor this school is. Our kids never brought home work. They were never required to read. We had no idea what they were working on. We found out three weeks after the fact that our son got an F on a math test. There was little to no communication between the teachers and us (the parents). When I sent an email to the teachers and the principle regarding the lack of communication, the principle accidentally copied me on her response to the teacher. Her response was "Just make sure you keep in touch with them every couple of weeks. Some parents you just have to do that with." So I guess that at Edahow, wanting to know what your kids are doing, and how they are doing makes you a pain for them. They'd rather you just send your kids to them, pick them up at the end of the day, and keep your nose out of what's going on at school. Just terrible, and quite frankly inexcusable.

Edahow Elementary School 1

Posted February 14, 2008
My son began to attend this school starting in August of 2007. He was excited to start going to this school, but two months later, he was terrified of going. There was a boy at this school who has been bullying him physically and mentally for the entire school year. I have tried to talk to his teacher about the issue, and she has done nothing. I then went to the principal, who also has done nothing. I an considering pulling my child out of this school and putting him in another elementary school, or even private school.

Edahow Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2007

Edahow Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2005

Edahow Elementary School 3

Posted September 17, 2004
My children have attended this school, and the teachers were nice, and our children have liked going to school there, but I didn't like that in all grades (I'm not sure about kindergarten) they have a homeroom teacher, but they mix the kids up every day and have to go to a different classroom for some of the subjects. Also, in one classroom that my sons attended, they were to just yell out answers and not raise their hand. I found them doing that at home instead of waiting for someone to finish talking. I feel like it could have been a better organized school. They rarely give my children homework, and I don't get a lot of my kids schoolwork back, and I sometimes wonder what all they do at school. I would rather have my children bring homework home so I know what they are studying at the time.

Edahow Elementary School
2020 Pocatello Creek Rd, Pocatello, ID  83201
Last modified Edahow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edahow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.