Pocatello, ID

Gate City Elementary School 5

Posted December 02, 2011
This is a great elementary school with great teachers and concerned parents for the most part.

Gate City Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2011
I think a 10 rating for this school is too high. Although an outstanding school and I am glad that my children have such a wonderful school to attend, it is not the perfect school. Because it is located in a higher income neighborhood, the school does not qualify for Title 1 services. The school facilitates to children who are high achievers and quick learners, which is great, however, children who struggle with learning and need extra assistance will not receive the extra help they need. Kindergarten classes are the only classrooms with a full time aid. The majority of the teachers are fabulous~ there are a handful of teachers that I wouldn't recommend. I also feel there is a lack of teacher communication to the parents. I didn't find out my child was well below grade level until late Spring, which is a little late to find that out. I will say, the principal is outstanding and the staff friendly. The school has a positive environment. I would rate it at an 8.

Gate City Elementary School 5

Posted August 10, 2006
Two of my children have attended Gate City Elementary. They have excellent teachers at every grade level, and the principal is wonderful. The level of academics is some of the best in the district. Because the school district does not offer much in the way of physical education or music and art, the PTA has provided several opportunities for professional artists to come in and teach classes to all grade levels. I would like to see the district make physical education instructors available to each school, as the students only see a p.e. teacher once every two weeks. Overall, Gate City is a fabulous school, and I would recommend it to anyone coming into Pocatello.

Gate City Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2004
Both our children have attended this school. There are some truly caring teachers. But, I would suggest that the school not focus on trying to find a problem with the students (it was suggested our daughter suffered from ADD, funny she has had strait A's for the past 4 semesters!). Work with the parents and listen to their suggestions on how to work with the children. Over all, it is a good school with good people.

Gate City Elementary School 0

Posted March 10, 2004
The school needs to be updated! This school is in one of the best neighborhoods in Pocatello, however the resources are inadequate and the appearance inside (too deary/dark) and outside (needs a more attractive entrance)need attention. The Principal - 2 Thumbs Up!

Gate City Elementary School
2288 Hiskey St, Pocatello, ID  83201
Last modified Gate City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gate City Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top