Bad
Good

I cannot say enough about PCCS. Whole-child teaching approach within an expeditionary learning curriculum couldn't be better to meet the life-long learning skills of the students. Teachers and Administrators are excellent, approachable and extremely hard working. My children have attended since Kindergarten and I couldn't be more pleased with their education. And even better, PCCS has fostered a love of life long learning and citizenship!

I love PCCS! I have a daughter in 3rd grade and a daughter in Kindergarten and we are very happy with our experiences. I like the hands-on learning and the in-depth expeditions that are undertaken each year. The fact that the school uses solar panels and a wind turbine and the children learn about alternative energy sources is a real bonus! The Dean, Dr. Martin is a great lady who is full of energy and is so dedicated to creating a great school and a great commumity!

This is my dream school. My children have been enrolled since the school first opened and the older two--the oldest graduates high school this year--STILL misses his years there. We love the outdoor recreation, the team building, and the way they challenge children to think on their own. Their curriculum is based on real projects drawn from the world around them, which students find much more interesting than just another chapter of a textbook. When they study water quality, they make numerous trips to the nearby creeks and rivers to do their own water quality testing, trying to understand the impact of urban runoff on the river that runs through town. This school is great for gifted kids, with plenty of opportunity for parents to be as involved as they want to be. They spend a great deal of time on school community issues so that everyone feels safe there.

I moved here from a state that did not have Charter Schools, so I was a bit skeptical to enroll my two children here. I am so impressed with PCCS. The expedionary teaching/learning model is perfect for my children. The kids interact and learn together by problem solving, rather than just being told or taught out of a text book. I love the CREW motto at PCCS! I also love all the outdoor activities that the school offers. My kids have gone on overnight backpacking adventures, skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, rock climbing. I can't say enough wonderful things about this school!

My oldest has attended this school since it opened 8 years ago. While it was definitely a gamble at first and I was very nervous, it has turned out better than I ever expected. The educational program, quality of staff, and level of parent involvement is unsurpassed in any school I've seen. I really feel my children have not only been given a great education, but also have learned skills the could use to be productive citizens and leaders in the community as well. The true test is coming up with the transition to high school. The only weakness would be availability of sports programs at the middle school level, but that is not something that is very important to me and the outdoors-based adventure program based on Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound more than makes up for it. I wish I could have gone to a school like this.

Last modified Pocatello Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.