Posted June 07, 2014
I cannot say enough about PCCS. Whole-child teaching approach within an expeditionary learning curriculum couldn't be better to meet the life-long learning skills of the students. Teachers and Administrators are excellent, approachable and extremely hard working. My children have attended since Kindergarten and I couldn't be more pleased with their education. And even better, PCCS has fostered a love of life long learning and citizenship!

Posted October 16, 2010
I love PCCS! I have a daughter in 3rd grade and a daughter in Kindergarten and we are very happy with our experiences. I like the hands-on learning and the in-depth expeditions that are undertaken each year. The fact that the school uses solar panels and a wind turbine and the children learn about alternative energy sources is a real bonus! The Dean, Dr. Martin is a great lady who is full of energy and is so dedicated to creating a great school and a great commumity!

Posted March 29, 2010
This is my dream school. My children have been enrolled since the school first opened and the older two--the oldest graduates high school this year--STILL misses his years there. We love the outdoor recreation, the team building, and the way they challenge children to think on their own. Their curriculum is based on real projects drawn from the world around them, which students find much more interesting than just another chapter of a textbook. When they study water quality, they make numerous trips to the nearby creeks and rivers to do their own water quality testing, trying to understand the impact of urban runoff on the river that runs through town. This school is great for gifted kids, with plenty of opportunity for parents to be as involved as they want to be. They spend a great deal of time on school community issues so that everyone feels safe there.

Posted October 13, 2008
I moved here from a state that did not have Charter Schools, so I was a bit skeptical to enroll my two children here. I am so impressed with PCCS. The expedionary teaching/learning model is perfect for my children. The kids interact and learn together by problem solving, rather than just being told or taught out of a text book. I love the CREW motto at PCCS! I also love all the outdoor activities that the school offers. My kids have gone on overnight backpacking adventures, skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, rock climbing. I can't say enough wonderful things about this school!

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted January 22, 2007
My oldest has attended this school since it opened 8 years ago. While it was definitely a gamble at first and I was very nervous, it has turned out better than I ever expected. The educational program, quality of staff, and level of parent involvement is unsurpassed in any school I've seen. I really feel my children have not only been given a great education, but also have learned skills the could use to be productive citizens and leaders in the community as well. The true test is coming up with the transition to high school. The only weakness would be availability of sports programs at the middle school level, but that is not something that is very important to me and the outdoors-based adventure program based on Expeditionary Learning Outward Bound more than makes up for it. I wish I could have gone to a school like this.

Posted August 02, 2006
This school is wonderful. There are many opportunities for children to learn based on hands on/real life learning. Students are expected to help each other succeed, which in turn teaches great life lessons. Each 'crew' or class is a combination of 2 grades. The curriculum is geared toward the older grade, with the more experienced students helping the less experienced. Thus reinforcing what they have learned and also helping to foster an environment of cooperation. The classroom size is relatively small and numerous opportunities abound for field work. Students are required to provide service to their community and develop an educational portfolio.

Posted July 13, 2006
Fabulous school! Students learn real life skills and how to be proactive. Classes are grouped by two grade levels together with the curriculum geared toward the upper grade. Students help each other and learn team work. A concept is taught then the students do projects putting that concept into action. The school and the classes are small, the teachers are enthusiastic and intelligent, parents help a lot, uniforms are worn so everyone is equal. In short, learning happens with less anxiety. The students also experience many activities away from the school that make learning even more exciting.

Posted February 17, 2006
- a former student
This school is awsome! This school has at the maximum of 20 students; unlike other schools in the district where there are 30 - 35 students in most classrooms. this means that the students get more one - on - one anttention with the teacher. This school not only teaches great academics, but also great skills to get the children through their everyday life. Academically this school is great. Instead of getting lectures all day and then getting homework, the PCCS has the students do a lot of hands - on investigations and peer group work. The PCCS is a great place for children to have a good social life when they get into high school.

Pocatello Community Charter School 1

Posted July 11, 2005
- a former student
this school is not good. the classes are combined so that two grades are together. that means that the 6th graders would be learning 5th grade marerial which would set them back one year from the regulair district. with this set back kids who go from 8th to 9th gradegoing to a regulare school they would not be ready for high school. the placement of students is otherwise incorect also. one classroom has 21-22 kids. with only on teacher per classroom some of the kids who need help cant get time with the teacher to work out the problem.this school also provids very little help to special education kids which sets them back even further in the classroom

Pocatello Community Charter School
615 West Maple, Pocatello, ID  83204
Last modified Pocatello Community Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pocatello Community Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top