Bad
Good

In third grade my daughter was farther ahead in spelling\reading\writing than the other kids in her class. Her teacher took the time to make a different and harder spelling test for my daughter. She is now in the gifted program and is being challenged for the first time. It's been hard on her because she never had to really work for her grades. I am so happy they recognized she needed to be challenged, and so far her teachers have been wonderful! She starts her 3rd year at Ponderosa this year!

I was not at all impressed with this school. I believe the class sizes has a lot to do with the quality of interaction teachers can provide. My child was in a class with 27 students. This school regularly takes away children's recess time to cram more academic learning time into their day instead of allowing children to be outside, run,play and make friends. My child's teacher sometimes would call me and say only negative things about my child. One day my child had to be picked up from school early- they had never met or seen the person who picked her up yet they failed to ask for identification-SCARY!! My child's teacher also said extremely rude and negative things about my child to her grandmother when she came to a holiday event at the school. My child was miserable at this school she did not want to go often pretending to be sick to avoid going. My child was being bullied by children in her classroom and the teacher seemed to do nothing and even blamed my child for the way orher children treated her. The teacher obviously did not like my child nor have any extra time to give my child proper attention. I'm so glad my child no longer goes there!

Ponderosa Elementary -- I felt like attention is paid to the safety of my grand-daughter. I like how there is a barricade at the office so you have to sign in and talk to an adult before you can get into the main area. I like how the secretaries wer attentive to the adults and the kids. It was nice to read information on the wall about the accomplishments of children and encouragement to be kind to each other.

Ponderosa has been fantastic for our son. Ms. Gilbert was an amazing 1st grade teacher and helped him grow beyond our expectations. The fact that in 2nd grade he cannot wait for what is in store for 3rd grade shows me that Miss Keane has pushed him to excel and he is so proud everyday. I've had the privilege to speak with Mrs. Baker and she has been kind and supportive of students and I'm grateful she is our principle.

My children attended this school and there was nothing but problems from faculity in the higher athority positions. Disapline matters never consistant. I have heard the same complaint from many parents. Would not recommend this school to anybody, which is sad because I also attended this school when i was young. It use to be a great school.

Excellent school, great teachers, a principal that is outstanding. Best thing I have done for my son was to move into the Ponderosa area

Teachers are excellent, although lack of supplies inhibits their true ability. The principle, although well meaning, lacks polished delivery when dealing with parents. Academic programs are at grade level and not terribly challenging.

I would disagee. As a parent who has been around I would say that the principal cares immensely and works hard to keep the kids safe. She does not tolerate bullying- by kids or parents. I volunteer every week for two hours and I can tell you that the principal can't walk down the hallway without getting hugs from kids. As far as getting in the newspaper- the only thing I read in the paper are budget cuts to schools.

Principal is too militaristic but most teachers are pleasant. Ms Gilbert was a great teacher for our daughter. Principal does scare me. No warmth in her. Overcrowded and too much focus on beating other schools and getting in the newspaper at this school.

Excellent school. Wonderful staff and great teachers. Class sizes to high in some grades is hurtful, but they make the best of it. My kids love this school! I'm very happy with it too.

Last modified Ponderosa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.