Immaculate Conception Academy 5

Posted September 01, 2013
I've gone to this school for nine years: I've seen the good and the bad: the fighters and the drop-outs. Some are my friends, others I just can't get along with, but those of us who stay in this school show certain traits which bind the school into one; we all want the best education, we all want to know our faith better, and lastly we all want to give ourselves, as one school, fully to God. We know our duty as a student, even though sometimes it's hard, and we cooperate fully until we " break" then we drop out. Lately, in past school years, I haven't given myself fully to my work, this year I'll try my best. If you are looking for a good school for boys; see how good your boys are and sign them up!

Immaculate Conception Academy 3

Posted July 22, 2013
Immaculate Conception Academy I have had my children in this school for 8 years. One of our sons had to be pulled out because he didn't read so well and there was no extra help for him. The other just got lazy. I will say that the school has improved since we first got in. They have tried to get more qualified teachers and they now have parent/teacher conferences and conferences with all the parents of each grade which have helped with communication. I have never had a problem with communication with any of the staff and/or teachers as a previous post here has stated. I will say the amount of graduates at the end of the school year is disturbing when you usually start out with 20 - 25 boys in Kindergarten and then you see 4 - 11 graduate. It is a lot of hard work and a lot of homework. My children were not up to the task, therefore, we had to leave, but if I had harder working children and a better attitude towards school, we may have done better. I just wish they had had extra programs to help the struggling children, however, they don't have the funding like the public school, so if your child has difficulties in some area, the extra help is just not there.

Immaculate Conception Academy 1

Posted November 12, 2011
Let's say 20 young boys enter the school in The 1st grade- and just 1 more boy is enrolled each year into each grade (1 x 11 grade levels = 11 per year x 11 years = 121 boys + the original 20 that entered in the 1st grade. . . that equals 141 boys! Now the numbers are way higher; way way higher! Only 4 - 5 young men graduate the 12th grade. Read that again! 4 - 5 graduate! You do the math- where did the other boys go? A few high achievers or boys who are financially able go on to other Catholic Schools; but the rest? Our success with ICCA? 1 son graduated by the skin of his teeth, 1 son was kicked out in the 7th grade and the last one was kicked out in the 1st grade (at the ripe old age of 7). PS: I give one star for "Parent involvement" because parents, as of two years ago, were strongly discourage from questioning the system. At the "Parent Meeting/Open House" the Priest talks and the parents are not allowed to ask questions. But if your child should fail in school (and the mathematical probability is he will fail) it is the liberal influences of the parents that are at fault. If you like to gamble- go for it.

Immaculate Conception Academy 5

Posted January 26, 2009

Immaculate Conception Academy 0

Posted September 11, 2008
There is good will amongst the leaders of this school but a lack of understanding of how to get the job done. At times the system is not about helping the students want to do good but rather yelling at them not to do something because they will punish you for it. Due to this attitude there is a lack of excitement and love for not only the school, but also the religion which is the foundation of the schools principles. A school that needs much mending but could be good with the right people in charge. Until that day comes, all we can do is pray for the conversion of the spirit and the attitude of the leaders and staff of this catholic school.

Immaculate Conception Academy
P.O. Box 206 614 E 5th Street, Post Falls, ID  83877
Last modified Immaculate Conception Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Immaculate Conception Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top