Rathdrum, ID

Lakeland Junior High School 5

Posted January 04, 2009
I am a student at Lakeland Junior High at rathdrum and i believe this school is amazing. the teachers are incredible, the school itself is fun to be in, and everyday brings something defferent. its halfway through the year, and not one day has been the same. The principal is really nice, and i just, i love this school. I'm amazed at this place. defidently 5 stars.

Lakeland Junior High School 1

Posted April 29, 2008
I am afraid I have to agree that the teachers at Lakeland are teaching only for the pay check. You would think that a school as small as Lakeland Jr. High would be able to proved the students with a very personal education, however that is not the case. Children that are not in constant trouble fall through the cracks. No matter how often I have met with the teachers and volunteered at the school my child is still invisible.

Posted February 21, 2008
Lakeland Junior High is lacking in leadership and experience.I believe the teachers and staff have lost sight of there goal of providing a learning enviroment. The teachers project to me a ' I am doing my time' attitude. Th sooner I can move my daughter out of this school to a private school the better

Posted January 14, 2008
Good school. Very good teachers and acidemic. Not good disipline. Does not do much about school problems between students. Overall I enjoy sending my child to Lakeland Junior High School.

Lakeland Junior High School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
Student needs more discipline. Parents needs to get involved. Teachers needs to be more patient and teach what they love to teach.

Lakeland Junior High School 3

Posted December 16, 2005
This school has a long way to go to promote an environment where true learning can take place. Rudeness and disrepect prevail within the classrooms and halls. The teachers are dedicated and try very hard to teach. But students have very little accountability when it comes to keeping disrespectful behavior in check. This is perhaps a leadership problem and bad parenting. Some of the students are mean spirited and very disruptive stopping others who would like to learn from doing just that. There is no reason that schools should not back good teachers and good students. More concern seems to be shown to the parent whose child is rude and hurtful than to those whose children are doing exactly what you ask of them and more. Either plan on getting involved and keep the leadership accountable in protecting all students and teachers or seriously consider other educational alternatives.

Lakeland Junior High School 1

Posted September 22, 2005
I have had a few of my children go to this school, and I have to say, I think it is one of the worse school's my children has ever been in. They do not solve problems nor care about the child's education. And in the years I have been here, it seems it is only getting worse. I have to say that just like an adult you get better results from respect then anything else, true you can't win everyone, but don't go overboard in your disrespect of the kids. And not only do I feel this way, I have spoke with several parents to whom feel the same as I.

Lakeland Junior High School 2

Posted September 06, 2005
The years with Miss Griffith were quality years. She ran a tight ship and was always consistent and thoughtful in making any decisions. It has now changed. Currently I find the atmosphere at Lakeland Jr. High very un- kid freindly and even un- parent friendly. I have had three children go through this Junior High and have found a few teachers who really take the time to know their students, even with six classes of different kids. Many teachers are not understanding of these pre-teen and early teen children. The administrators and teachers are quick to judgestudents without thoughfully considering how they may better serve a struggling student.

Lakeland Junior High School 2

Posted September 06, 2005
This school's principal is not thoughtful and jumps to decisions too quickly. He is not understanding of pre-teen or early teen children. The school atmosphere is not a happy one because the majority of the teachers seem to have a pretty negative attitude toward the students, and even the parents. The curriculum is up to Idaho standards, but the teaching approach is not. The sports program is a very good one and so is the Music program, particularly the band program. I must say that there are a few teachers who try to get to know their students and treat them objectively.

Lakeland Junior High School 4

Posted October 07, 2004
I am a Freshman student at Lakeland JR. High. I believe that the school board is doing a terrific job. I love that Mr. Keating is the new priciple, I love him, he is so understanding in every situation, and it is much appreciated by all students! Thanks Mr. Keating!!

15601 North Hwy 41, Rathdrum, ID  83858
Last modified Lakeland Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeland Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top