Bad
Good

Posted August 30, 2014
When we moved to Sandpoint, we directly placed my son into a local elementary school. During that time, my son was in large classrooms, was bullied, and did not receive individual attention that he needed due to his low reading skills. When he entered the sixth grade, we enrolled him at Sandpoint Charter. This was a life changing experience for him. In one year, he was reading at grade level, felt safe in the school community, began to like school again and received more help due to the teachers true love of seeing students succeed. Now, my son is a sophomore, enjoying school and taking dual credit college courses. Sandpoint charter allowed my son to blossom and find the love of learning again.

Posted August 14, 2014
I am disappointed in the reviewer that called the Charter School a 'pay to win' school. The Charter School is a public, tuition free school - like any other public school. Standards have to met, nothing is given out.

Forrest M. Bird Charter School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Don't understand review just posted. This is not a school parents pay for their children to attend. It is a Charter School, there are no school fees for attendance. My son attends. Just wanted to set the record straight.

Forrest M. Bird Charter School 1

Posted April 09, 2014
It's interesting to see the difference between the reviews of parents and the reviews of students who've attended this school. The students who attend are consistently looked down upon by the "normal" high school students, and not because of social stigma or rumors. For lack of a better word, Sandpoint Charter School is "pay-to-win". Parents pay for their kids to go here, and are happy because their kids have good grades. The kids are happy because their parents are happy. In reality, the school practically gives away good grades, since they'd rather have good looking averages than properly and fairly graded students. If you're thinking about sending your child here to avoid the "rebellious, drug-abusing" Sandpoint High students, don't bother. I won't say there aren't bad influences at Sandpoint High since I know there are, but it's not any better at Charter. Realistically, the kids have less time to worry about having to do work for good grades, so they have more time to experiment. The most important things you learn in high school are responsibility and how to interact with society, and the Charter school would rather look good and collect your money than teach this.

Forrest M. Bird Charter School 1

Posted December 04, 2012
As a former student of this school, I can honestly say it is a horrible school. I attended this school all through middle school and part of my junior year of high school. They claim to focus on each child individually, but all that really does is spread out their already thin educational abilities. After going there for one semester, I learned as much as I would have in only a couple weeks at the regular high school. Their education is severely lacking. The money they spend is spent on useless things that do not better the students education. This school does not prepare the students for the real world. They set due dates for whenever the student is done with an assignment, they pretty much hand the student a diploma without them putting out any real effort or having to learn anything. My education was way below standard because of my enrollment there. Also, there is no respect between teachers and students whatsoever. The principal told the entire freshman class about my friends failed credits and how he was "too immature for school.", which is a hugely inappropriate thing to do. Overall, this is a terrible school, hiding behind false statements about helping individual kids.

Posted November 28, 2011
This school is very creative, the teachers are hardworking, and my two kids who have attended both middle and high school love SCS/HS! Mr. Kallage is the best; a very talented teacher! The projects the school does are very imaginative and seem to fit the 'real world' of work that adults come into later in life. Keep it up SCS!

Posted April 27, 2010
I love the students and the families. I love the excited projects we do and how they really make kids think and work together. I love the creativity and rigor that is provided. Mostly, I love that we all laugh together and enjoy one another: faculty, students, and parents.

Forrest M. Bird Charter School

Posted April 27, 2010
I love this school, because it allows all students to feel successful, safe, encouraged, and inspired!The teachers are passionate and caring and the potential for quality and meaningful futures for these students went up ten-fold the minute the Charter School doors opened!

Posted March 03, 2004
My daughters 6th grade teacher suggested this school. I and my daughter are very happy with the school. Her grades have gone from d's and f's to c's and even a's. And she is back loving going to school. The whole faculty is awesome. They go the extra mile for each kid. And the principal is just the best, she is so caring. This is my daughters 1st year there, she's in 7th grade and will continue to go to SCS thru 9th grade. Enrolling my daughter in this school has been a blessing!

Forrest M. Bird Charter School
614 South Madison Ave, Sandpoint, ID  83864
Last modified Forrest M. Bird Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12