Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

My 5th grade son feels that if he speaks up for himself, then he gets in trouble, so he's learned to not say anything to the teachers and staff at the school. He frequently speaks to my husband and I about how he feels like he's often wrongly accused and that he's learned to just agree with what's being said.

I don't feel overly welcomed coming into Heyburn, whether by the teachers or the staff/administration. I'm certainly not inspired to volunteer beyond my child's classroom. Heyburn is way behind technologically, is lacking a good arts program, and only offers music for 5th graders. I'm not very impressed with the curriculum, either. I feel like my kids aren't getting the best education, and I've had to pick up the slack at home with worksheets printed off the internet, etc. Free breakfast is offered for all students, but I don't consider donuts every Friday to be breakfast. Candy is a common reward in the classrooms. I wish there was another option here beyond homeschooling.

I have been very happy with this school. The teachers, principal and staff work very hard to keep lines of communications open for parents. I have watched my child's education grow for the past three years. As a parent you must be involved in your child's learning. 10 Stars for Heyburn Elementary

Last modified Heyburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.