K-12|Private

Bad
Good

The Community School 4

Posted June 29, 2014
I attended The Community School from 6-12th grade. Looking back I'm so grateful for the outdoor experience I gained from going here. I loved all of my teachers and the education I received. We DID have a lot of homework but I learned how to manage my time and organize my schedule. There was 27 kids in my class and bullying was a huge issue. However it really just depends on the class and who is in it that year. Some classes all got along really well and others were notorious for being rotten...mine was the later. Having such small class sizes is great for one on one attention from teachers but it also makes it really hard to enjoy school if the kids in your class are mean and spiteful. All in all the school itself is amazing and I'm grateful I went there despite the attitudes of some of my classmates.

Posted January 14, 2014
A great school. Quality of teaching is consistently top-notch. Teachers have one-on-one relationship with students. Excellent outdoor program. Academic rigor sometimes morphs into students being overworked and stressed, but when this happened with our son , we spoke to teachers and they provided support and individual accommodation--just what you'd hope. So glad our kids (a senior and 8th grader) are here.

Posted September 03, 2013
Have done wonders for my son's learning and confidence. We are on scholarship and yes there are some snobs but my son's class all get along and stick up for each other well. I think you will find less bullying than public schools. Great for children who need more direct teacher interaction!

The Community School 2

Posted June 18, 2013
Huge bullying issue that goes unnoticed. Great education, though! I guess that doesn't matter when there are students leaving mid-year due to elevated stress levels caused by the kids treating them like garbage just for being themselves.

The Community School

Posted April 24, 2010
They have better way of educating students through outside projects than do public schools.

The Community School 4

Posted November 22, 2007
This school provides a challenging academic curriculum along with providing a wonderful balanced outdoor/community service and co-curriculum of sports and fine arts

Posted November 10, 2007
This is an amazing school!

The Community School