Public charter
Twin Falls, ID

Posted June 09, 2014
Warning to parents of children with special needs! Xavier is "college prep" and so in order to prepare children for college they feel like the more homework the better. This means 3-5 hours of homework a night. Also there are teachers and administrators who completely disregard accommodations of IEP's. They will not grade fairly and will unfairly blame students for the teachers failings. Also they do not have the money for text books so the students spend a majority of the day copying work and making their own textbooks. There is no PE instead they do dance. There are hardly any field trips and no class celebrations of holidays or birthdays. They do not teach any social skills to the children. Talking at any time is strongly discouraged. Children are not allowed to be children.

Posted January 25, 2014
My child was in an extremely unhealthy classroom . The community should be appalled about what is going on at XCS. We have experienced everything from yelling teachers, lying teachers and administrators, to my child being withheld medical treatment, and much more. Let's not forget the children are not even allowed to use the "library"at school. There are signs everywhere not to touch the books. Those are removed at accreditation time since a working library is a requirement for state accreditation. There have been multiple problems with most of their teachers and administrators for many years. Complaints have been filed with the state only for the school to lie and brush over the accusations because they are "from an upset parent". Tomorrow's leaders deserve more than the elitist behavior that is not only condoned but being taught from within this school. Please do your child a favor and make sure this is something you really want for your child before you send them there.

Posted September 23, 2013
Xavier is a great school for students who are motivated and want to learn. It is not for lazy students or parents who don't care. There are high expectations here. The children who graduated in the last two years and have gone on to college have found that they are much better prepared for college courses than their peers. The are challenged but do not struggle in college. Xavier has prepared them well for higher education and for what to expect in their lives be it the work force or college.

Posted August 21, 2013
My child cried about going to this school. Once I took him out and placed him in a public school he was fine. I found the staff to be very rude and seemed to have their own group that I did not fit in nor did I care to.

Posted August 01, 2013
The school is an amazing place with great people so many high achievers and very personalized helpful classes.Don't go if you are not willing to try harder and strive for success.It is difficult but worth it.Try hard and you will succeed I love my school.

Xavier Charter School 2

Posted March 14, 2013
Xavier Charter School is a great place for high achieving elementary students. It is currently a poor choice for secondary education. Electives are extremely limited and even some core classes (math and sciences) are not offered due to the small size of the secondary program. The higher course requirements, harsher grading system, and limited courses offered at Xavier cause Xavier students to have reduced chances of being admitted to more challenging universities and of obtaining scholarships. There are very few extracurricular clubs. The staff, while very dedicated, are over worked and stretched too thin to be able to do a great job at everything and so some very important things fall through the cracks. Secondary students are also stifled by the small faculty as they have the same teachers for 3-6 years in a row, limiting students' exposure to varying ideas, personalities, expectations, and teaching methods. This also gives teachers tremendous opportunity to indoctrinate students with their own personal agendas. There are some advantages of attending a small school. There are some wonderful things about Xavier's secondary program, but it also leaves much to be desired.

Posted February 20, 2013
We have a good local public school system, but we wanted a school with a more challenging curriculum and a more robust arts program. At the same time, we are a young family that doesn't have the money to spend on a private school. Xavier has been a perfect fit for us. It has a great staff, an innovative leadership structure, and most of all a set of dedicated, talented teachers. I especially love the community feeling of the school. Perhaps the best thing I can say about Xavier was summarized by a student I know that went back into the public school system, then came back to Xavier. In the larger public school system, he was criticized and ridiculed for asking the teacher follow-up questions that "wouldn't be on the test." At Xavier, he said it is "cool" to want to learn new things, and there is an excitement about knowledge that is contagious. We can't say enough good things about the education our kids get there.

Xavier Charter School 3

Posted January 25, 2013
For my daughter in the older elementary grade level Xavier wasn t a bad option. There is a very high expectation for behavior which is understandable when you have the classical curriculum. However there is little tolerance for kids who learn kinesthetically. My other issue with Xavier is their special ed program leaves something to be desired. Last spring, I inquired about my daughter (who is non-verbal autistic, no behavior issues) attending kindergarten. The special ed director at the time seemed very positive until I mentioned my daughter was non-verbal. I was then referred to our local school district. Upon hearing a change in directors, I again inquired via email about potentially having my daughter attend Xavier. After three days, I received a four paragraph response in legal-ease informing me of what my daughter is entitled to under federal law. I then asked if it would be possible to observe their current program in action but was extremely put off when I was told IF it were possible, I would need to arrange it myself with the head of schools. All that being said, Xavier really is a good option if your child has an auditory learning style and no mental disabilities.

Posted November 16, 2011
Xavier Charter is an extraordinary school, with a fantastic teaching staff. Three of my children attended Xavier in grade levels ranging from 2nd -8th grade. Teaching dance is a brilliant step for fostering the social skills of children.

Posted October 06, 2011
I am very pleased with my daughter's education she is receiving from Xavier Charter school. They focus on a classical education, and she is far more advanced than other children her age who are attending other elementary schools in the Twin Falls School District. The staff and other students focus on respect and positive behavior. The only downside has been the turnover the school has had with their principal(s), but we have not seen any impact of this issue in regards to our daughter's education.

Xavier Charter School
1218 North College Road W, Twin Falls, ID  83301
Last modified Xavier Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-11. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Xavier Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top