Twin Falls, ID

Morningside Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
We tried this school and it was awful. The teacher didn't communicate absences with parents well at all, the work was boring and worksheet driven and my child hated going. The principal was less than helpful, and when my child was bullied on the playground, we left the school and enrolled in a private school which is so much better, I can't even begin to explain. My child wakes and gets dressed without prompting and begs to go to school now. I wanted to like Morningside, since I attended this school as a child.

Morningside Elementary School 1

Posted December 01, 2012
My kids attended this school two years ago and although their teachers were okay (not fabulous though), I was dissatisfied with the school overall. Lots of problems on the playground, poor supervision, lots of kids involved with bullying. But the principal was the worst---he did not deal with the outside (recess,etc) issues appropriately at all and school safety was continually a concern for me as a parent.

Morningside Elementary School 0

Posted August 27, 2009
My son attended this school for second grade I was HIGHLY disapointed overall. However the lunch room was awesome at working with his food allergies.

Morningside Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2008

Morningside Elementary School 5

Posted October 31, 2007
My son has attended Morningside for the last 2 years. His current teacher is great! Taking special care in his abilities as well as weaknesses. His teacher last year seemed a bit run down and short on patience but still seemed greatly involved in my sons abilities and weaknesses. Not to mention I sat in class a few times and did see a few students seemingly exhausted. Making sure of proper sleep, a balanced diet and yes of course making sure their homework is done! Id say the teachers are doing their jobs with the time their allowed.

Morningside Elementary School 2

Posted July 22, 2007
My children have attended Morningside for the past 3 years. Three years ago, the staff was warm and caring, creative, and seemed generally happy to be teaching. Test scores were good. Through administrative and curriculum changes, teacher and student morale is now very low. The atmosphere is cold and teachers are stressed. Class sizes are huge... 34 kids in my child's current class! Teachers are not allowed to adjust curriculum to meet the needs of individual students. Far too much time is placed on teaching to the test. There is a lot of bullying allowed on site. My experience has been that both the Principal and the District Superintendent are uncaring and unsupportive. I will be looking for other options.

Morningside Elementary School 3

Posted November 16, 2006
My son attended Morningside from 2002 to 2006. The school started off great but has undergone administrative changes as well as curriculum changes that have unfortunately left it swirling in the toilet. My son now attends private school at a great expense to me but his education is worth it. The teacher to student ratio at Morningside is out of line also. The class which he left this year had 31 students. The room was crowded and it was stressful for students. 2 or 3 years ago I would have given this school a big thumbs up but I cannot do that. I will give credit that they are still one of the best in this area although they are slipping downhill quickly. Frankly 'OK' just isn't good enough!

Morningside Elementary School 5

Posted December 11, 2003
Best School I've been involved with at the elemetary level. The teachers are highly qualified, experienced and caring. The principal and his staff are excellent. This school manages to score the best results on required standardized testing while maintaining a rounded education curriculum that doesn't pander to the 'teach to the test' mentality that is prominent in other areas...and they do it on a tiny budget with no support from the Idaho legislature. My hat is off to this wonderful school!

Morningside Elementary School
701 Morningside Dr, Twin Falls, ID  83301
Last modified Morningside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Morningside Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top