Twin Falls, ID

Posted April 24, 2015
The new principal is excellent! She cares individually about each student and teacher. With my kids attending 7 different schools in two states, I am nothing but impressed with the dedication shown by the teachers and staff. My kids have been here for 3 years and each teacher has been the best my kids have ever had.

Posted September 10, 2014
Typically I have been unimpressed by the schools in Idaho, my kids attended Lincoln (1st grade 2nd grade and 3rd) the teachers were good, but the environment was rough. We currently attend Morningside and there is a stark difference. When we went to Sawtooth it was clear that the teachers and staff go above and beyond. It feels like they love teaching, they challenge and believe in your kids. They're organized and capable. I had a child in 4th grade resource and what a difference. The Sawtooth resource teachers helped my child advance and feel confident and she excelled for the first time in a long time. She was happy to go to resource for the first time ever. I wish all schools could mimic what Sawtooth is doing because it works.

Sawtooth Elementary School 4

Posted January 18, 2014
I see some bad reviews but most teachers in this School are dedicated and will help students that are falling behind. My son is ahead of his class and his teacher uses him to help students that are struggling in reading, She also has parents come in and read with children on occasion. Let me ask you do you take time to help your child to learn at home? or do you expect the teacher to do your job also. The teachers can tell which parents read and study with their children and which expect them to do it all. We have a army vet who was homeless and his son staying with us and enrolled the son in Sawtooth, he has ADD and his dad was not helping him the kid would come home with no homework and say the Teacher did not give him any so my wife called and set up meeting with the Teacher and we found out he was storing his homework in his desk and he was having problems doing his work in class. The Teacher helped us to develop a plan where my son and him would do their homework together to get him to focus when there was noise and other children, and what a difference that made he now does so much better in class and at home. Without that Teachers help this child would have failed again.

Sawtooth Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2013
How is this school an 8??? The education is hugely lacking, the teachers are less than thrilled with their jobs, and the principal is awful. Honestly worst school I've encountered, and we have been in 5 different public schools in 5 different states.

Sawtooth Elementary School 3

Posted February 09, 2013
I would say that Sawtooth is the best choice for public elementary in Twin Falls, but honestly, that's not saying much. My son has 24 kids in his class (which is average for this school.) Everything is just average.

Posted May 08, 2010
I love it here! We just moved in and everyone is very friendly and helpful. My child struggles in spelling and the teacher was very good at working with her. I love the Accelerated Reading Program they use. My daughter who used to struggle to sound out words now reads novels all the time. Some parents have complained about the amount of homework, but it seems that the teachers do provide adequate time in class for students to accomplish their work if it is used effectively. I have also witnessed several teachers give up their prep time after school to tutor students for free in math and homework help.

Posted May 08, 2010
Super School! They really instill a positive work ethic along with a love for learning within my children.

Sawtooth Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2009
I have found that this shool is less likely to use hands on teaching skills when dealing with children that have learning disabilities. The approach I have found they use is to pass off the student to someone else and to continue teaching the student as if they are able to understand at the same level of understanding as the other students. The teachers are not willing to deviate from the set teaching lessons even if it means a student is falling behind!!! It has been very hard to watch my children fail within this school district.

Posted September 22, 2008
the teachers and staff are so friendly and helpful. I have 4 children attending this school and i have had excellent response from my kids and the teachers, staff.

Posted July 11, 2008
My daughter finished kindergarten reading at the second grade level and having a love for learning beyond compare. Whenever I needed to communicate with the staff, they were available, they saw my daughter's needs, and challenged her accordingly. We debated about public vs. private, but will stay public and will look for our next home in the Sawtooth area. It is a great school for a bright kid, this I know.

Sawtooth Elementary School
1771 Stadium Blvd, Twin Falls, ID  83301
Last modified Sawtooth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sawtooth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top