Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Thanks to all the hard working TEACHERS! We appreciate your dedication

Im very pleased to have my children in this school. The moment I registered them I felt very welcomed till this day I fell happy knowing my kids wake up and want to go that tells me that is a safe and friendly place. Ms. Martello the principal always cheerfull and helpfull participating in events and making Army Trail a home to kids. Mrs. Warrington I couldnt thank her enough she has done so much she goes out of her way to ensure my son is on top of school. Im really glad my son had her 2 years she is almost like my sons mom at shool thanks for communicating with me about my son through Class Dojo I dont have words to thank you enough. Mrs. Rose, Mrs. Stella, Ms. Segura, and Mrs. Spencer those teachers are amazing well everyone there goes out of there way to ensure our children are safe and smiling. Thanks as well to Mr. Dan for being there in the mornings directing traffic and to the teachers who are there as well making sure the kids go in school and dont get hurt with a car. Ms Diaz and Ms. Lugardo always with a smile and helping you in the office if you need anything. I couldnt make a better decision than move to Addison and having my kids at ARMY TRAIL. Thank you to all Amy Trail Staff I owe you a debt of grattitude for all of you have done for us. Thank you

This school needs serious change. Starting first with staff. Bad attitudes and teachers who feel that because the families do not speak English they have a right to slack on teaching them. The constant requests for money is shameful. The PTA is a joke in itself and it's ability to help raise funds for this school are laughable. An overhaul is needed to make sure that any children who are advanced in their learning are not being held back because their school mates don't speak English. This school is a not a place you want your child if you want their beginning learning to count. It seems like nobody there cares about making it better.

It is the most horrible school my daughter has ever been in They're very racist they only like Hispanic people my daughter has not learned really anything when my daughter was in the Wooddale district it was phenomenal it was the most beautiful school I ever seen. Best teaching I ever seen this school is the most coldhearted that I have ever experienced they are not nice I do not know why they got such nice reviews about the school when they are so mean We do not celebrate Halloween but they're trying to force my daughter to celebrate Halloween

"Diversity" chart says it all. Most of the school functions feel unorganized, parents don't speak english or broken english making it hard to socialize and interact with other families, which in turn creates segregated nationality groups. Considering it's nearly 100% Hispanic, the school itself is built to that demographic mostly. Outdated books, homework assignments taken from the internet and printed out, not enough technology interaction with learning tools. There always seems to be a paper sent home at least once a week asking for money for something. HIGHLY overpriced bookfairs/events for a school who tenders to mostly no-low income or low income families. The school does house some 'diamond in the rough' teachers who are the exception. If your lucky to get assigned one due to large class sizes. It's a very simple school. Good for a temporary option when in-between from moving etc.. I would suggest looking elsewhere for more serious, permanent options. Other parents should not lie on these reviews, it's wrong to mislead others and their children just to try and make a school look better then it is. This school is far from progressive or modern. Still needs work.

Out of all the schools I have worked at in the past, Army Trail Elementary School was by far THE best experience I had. I had the best year of teaching EVER. Unfortunately, I was RIFed, along with 50 other teachers in the district and I am so sad to go. The principal possessed outstanding leadership skills. The secretaries bent over backwards to assist you with a smile. The janitorial staff constantly kept the school clean. Every teacher in the building collaborated and didn't hesitate to assist you no matter how large or small the request. The rapport between students and teachers was out of this world.

Army Trail is the BEST elementary school in our area! I love Army Trail because they have created a sense of continuity between parents, teachers and students. The challenges given the students are done so with positive 'you can do it' emphasis and positive feedback when the child accomplishes a task or assignment. My child cannot wait to get up in the morning and go to school, and that is rare these days! I attribute it to Army Trail's ability to reach out and make each student feel wanted and needed there.

Army trail is a great school. I have two kids who attend and the teachers are wonderful.

Army Trail is a truly wonderful school! All of the staff are extremely dedicated & collaborative. As a parent, it is great to see a school that embraces it's role in the community & carries that through every day with their motto 'We are a Community of Learners, we are ALL In this together'.

I did not expect what I found at Army Trail. The Principal, in his first year, has displayed great leadership & communication skills, and you can truly see his intense commitment to the community of Army Trail School. That was just the beginning....the teachers and staff all display great passion for their students and the roles they have been given in their lives. I have been so incredibally impressed with everyone at this school that I am committed to staying in this school's district when we move. Parent participation has suffered a bit with turnover of the PTA, but I am confident it is on the rise & will equal the high level the school is at already.

Last modified Army Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.