Bad
Good

The school is located in a bad neighborhood. It also has many students who are reading lower than their grade level. Bullying is definitely an issue. The staff does adress it, but nothing ever changes. The Deans are not the best at looking at both sides of th story before they make their decision on the problem. Many teachers, especially the supervisors/ monitors, are very quick to send two students to the Dean's office. In my opinion they shold try to give one warning. Then, they should actually talk about the issue with the students involved. If the situation is not resolved, the next step should be a trip to the Dean's office.

I currently attend this school and I'm in 8th grade, so I know quite a bit about it. If you do well in your classes, (this doesn't mean you have to be an honor student, just not failing the class) you'll be okay for the most part. However, if you struggle in your classes, you may have a hard time keeping up with the class. Like someone mentioned before, last year there was a lockdown. It was a false alarm and the staff handled it very orderly. This school does tend to have some problems with gangs, drugs, swearing, and smoking, but if you steer clear of it, you'll be fine. The teachers are very helpful and as long as you don't be one of "those" students, they'll take a liking toward you instead of being mean (something the students here unfortunately need to learn). Overall, it's an okay school. Not the best, but not the worst. I honestly cannot wait until I get into Addison Trail High School though because you get a lot more freedom there than here. -Just an 8th grader

I am an 8h grader, I've been in this school since the 6th grade. In then 6th grade I loved it! Think about it little kid in big school, it was like a palace to me.But in the 7th grade lots of things happened. First of all the lockdown, I was so scared, especially while the lockdown was happening a huge scream was let out and most of us cried, a side the point bullying is a huge problem at ITJHS also with drugs and gangs and smoking! Half the kids I know, friends or not, smoke or know someone that does smoke! If I would suggest a suggestion for you it would be go to the Middle school close by that isn't this one! I do recommend Addsion Trail High School it is #1 High school In Illinios!

This school is ok i guess, they cut out the music and art programs to limited stutents. The teachers are great but some are very, mean, but thats my opinion, there are a lot of racial issues in this school typically through white and hispanics and whites and blacks. If your kid knows right from wrong he/she will probly be ok, but it is easy to be with the wrong crowd. There are alot of gang issues around right now. Alot of fights have been happening, the deans are cool though. Overall if your kid is strong minded and knows right from wrong real good there might be a chance he/she will be ok. Take it from me im a 7th grade student at this school

The school is great i moved from the south side of chicago and my daughter loves it. She play basketball and is on the track team. Your child is safe all the time because of the officer in school and the police station across the street. She say that the school is very clean,nice students and teachers,we were planning on moving but she did not want to leave her new friends.If thinking about going to the school please do,its great!

The quality of the academic programs was great, and the availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities was adequate. From what we saw, the school had close to 100% parental involvement. Our daughters loved going to the school and both achieved an A- average.

My daughter loves this school! Every teacher is a favorite of hers! She is thriving in this environment!

This is a great school. I ecpecially love Ms.Naughton, she is a great Italian teacher. Mr.Braumbaugh knows how to handle the bad children

I think that Indian Trail is an awesome Jr. High. I just got home from open house. I think all the teachers are top notch. I was really scared to send my daughter to a public school but I'm so happy she is at this school. She has learned so much. This school really prepares your child for High School. They offer so much. The Spanish teacher is great....The whole school is clean. If you have a chance to send your child to this school you won't be sorry...

Last modified Indian Trail Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.