Bad
Good

My daughter went to this school. The school has been improving upwards continually and is now well rated, thanks not only to the teachers but also to the parents in the surrounding community who are involved in the school's PTA activities.

Algonquin Lakes has a fantastic principal and amazing, caring teachers. SO blessed to have this as our elementary school!

My oldest child attended this school from 2009-2013. My personal experience with the principal was unfavorable. She was belittling towards parents, very unexceptable. My child did have a bulling issue on her bus route two seperate times. The second time, the principal did get involved and took care of the issue right away. She even at one point pubically called out the PTO stating that she was disappointed at their subpar job. I was not part of the PTO, but this statement enraged me as many parents work full time and volunteer their time to the PTO! Fast forward to 2014. My last two children are now attending ALES and under the new principal Chris Columbaro. I have seen excitement and participation increase with the falculty and parents under this new principal. Mr. Columbaro is very approachable and respectful. He is also a family man with children of similar ages to those that he works with. He is in touch with the concerns that children, parents, and teachers face today. I am hopeful that these next several years will be enjoyable, fulfilling, and enriched with a positive educative environment for my last two children. Sincerely, Doctorate Educated Parent

Very bad. I used to go there and was bullied very severely. The principal did nothing about it! SO glad I'm out of that awful school...ruined my childhood -_-

This is our third year at Algonquin Lakes and our son is in the Special Education program. We have been thrilled with both of his teachers and the principal is amazingly active and in tune with what is going on in the classrooms. I was thrilled to learn that she actually goes in to the classroom and reads with the kids!

Great families, great teachers and great Principal!

This is my 3rd school in 3 years (my son is in special ed) and I've never seen a school run so well. Mrs Ryan is the first principal I've seen who understands the special ed program. My son's teacher is amazing and SO patient with him. Even on the worst days she'll find something positive to tell me. All my son's teachers and aides act like a team and treat me like a team member. You can tell how much they care about my son and what's best for him. It's been the best experience I've had so far.

Principal and teachers ROCK! Genuinely care about the families!

Academically - this school is great for Algonquin, but behind other local schools. Teachers Top notch! Principal In my opinion, the schools only down fall. She is unapproachable, talks down to parents and has a snobby attitude.

This is amazing school the staff is excellent! My kids grades k and 2 have had a postive exp. The teachers are wonderful

Last modified Algonquin Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.