Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

So much support from the staff and teachers. The amount of offerings my daughter had was endless from the sports and arts to music and extracurricular. So happy my daughter enjoys it at HDJ.

The school offers many extracurricular activities. D300 also newly introduced to pathways program which are courses students can take that earns them college credit.

I had to pull my child out and pay for a private school. Class sizes are to large and the teachers don't care about the kids. Sad!

So I went to this School so I could learn at my own pase. But instead I went to classes with bullies and people who can not keep their hands to themselves. This School does not place people in the classes they need. The teachers are great and I liked all of my teachers. The problem was the other students. The students that needed extra help like myself had to go to class with trouble makers and people who did not want to learn. I just do not like the way some of the programs at this school were ran.

The main problem with this school is some of the counselors and the administration itself. During my senior year, my counselor refused to change my schedule two weeks before the school year began, because the year before the particular AP class I wanted to enroll in was only offered once. The next year it was offered twice, so I could have Senior release with that. Counselor refused, then I contacted the head counselor, and he assured me that my counselor was wrong. At the end of the school year, my GPA was at about a 3.4. I wanted to know from my counselor that if I got all A's, then my GPA would boost to 3.5 or higher. For some stupid reason of wanting to feel accomplished in something, I really put a lot of effort to get the Honors medal. Counselor said that he would not check, and that its not a big deal. I asked if he could just check, refused and told me that he would not respond to more messages from me. I graduate and get all A's and a 3.5 GPA. No medal, and he even gave me a mean dirty look at the graduation ceremony. Nice standards on counselors Jacobs. My mother contacted the administration, and they either did not respond or said that they did not care.

Wow, the great schools rating makes me wonder about the site as a whole. I have two kids who attended here. It is a large school with all the problems that come with its size. The teachers are lackluster and inflexible and dealing with the administrators is impossible. They are always right...just ask them. The consulors do not return e-mails to parents or students. The sports are also fairly poor and the facilities are a joke, except for the new $5 mil admin building for the district. Our last child is headed to private school rather than Jacobs.

To start off, the teachers are average overall. Some teachers are absolutely great but if you get a bad one, watch out. The bad teachers are absolutely horrible and practically unbearable. At my particular time, the athletics were not the best. I think it is because our former athletic director only went to football, basketball, baseball, and major rival games. The administrators are a joke. They take things way too seriously and pretty much treat us like first graders. Do not even get me started on the signs hanging up saying things like "avoid a feud, do not throw food" or "Do not be rude throw away food" or "with pride walk on the right side" It is just ridiculous to treat us that way. Some classes you will learn while others you will sleep. It all varies based on the teacher of the class.

Jacobs High School has been an experience I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I strongly believe the school could be better run by the students than it is by the overpaid "administration". The counselors have been less than helpful and it sometimes requires 4 to 5 emails for them to acknowledge you or write you back. To make an appointment with your counselor is a whole different story. You must fill out a piece of paper stating your reasons for the appointment and 9 times out of 10 they will look at you and say "we can't help you with that" or "that's not our problem". The teachers for the most part have been great. They help and care about you. It's the big whigs who have just run the place into the ground.

There are some good teachers here, but not enough of them to outweigh the rest of the problems. The school lacks communication to parents and students. The rules and expectations change at the drop of a hat without warning. And if the student doesn't fit their mold, they do not want to deal with them. All in all, frustrating to interact with most administration as they don't want to hear that the school lacking in any way. If your child thinks outside the box, or has any special needs, or needs an organized environment with clear communication and expectations, look elsewhere.

Terrible if you love your child enroll else were this school is so bad tired of unprofessial teachers who do not teach...day after day pulling children out of class to be searched and by the way they can do that for no reason and they do..... they are all out of line there is more then just bad teachers and staff the employee's which out tax dollars pay there salary I would not hire to walk my dog............let alne intrust with my child/teen

Last modified Harry D Jacobs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.