Westfield Community School 3

Posted August 25, 2014
This school is at best average. The teachers and the staff seems to aspire to reach the middle level of mediocrity in everything that they do. They strongly adhere to common core and a math teacher told us that if our child comes home and says the teacher wouldn't help or explain a problem, they are not lying...they are supposed to figure it out themselves. Parents had better be prepared to teach their kids after school if they want them to be prepared for high school. The Principal is a nice guy with no leadership abilities and lets the teachers run the school. The one bright spot is the music program which is excellent. The teachers are dedicated and really want the kids to succeed whether it is band, chorus or orchestra.

Westfield Community School 5

Posted August 23, 2014
Thank you to the staff, teachers,and administration for always going above and beyond the call of duty! You've given our children happy, fun, beautiful memories from their school days at d300!

Westfield Community School 1

Posted January 21, 2014
This school has horrendous bullying issues. Unless you play sports, you're looked down upon by fellow students and teachers. Teachers are bullies. I only spent the 8th grade in that school and I came to teachers AND a vice principal with bullying issues. They sided with the bully, literally! I dreaded even showing up to school. I missed at least 20 days in fear of being bullied and my grades dropped tremendously. I was in 8C. One time in particular a girl was bothering me at lunch, I told the staff who was also a teacher, he was aggravated at me for telling on her and put us both in the detention-like seats. If you don't want your kid to be brought into a threatened and uncomfortable environment, send him somewhere else and get OUT of this district!

Westfield Community School 1

Posted May 18, 2011
Horrible! The students there think they are so smart just because they are the "best" school in the district. I was about to send my son there but I sent him to CMS where he is having a great time. Compared to Lakewood,this school is just unfair.

Westfield Community School 3

Posted April 09, 2011
Have been in D300 since 1999, I have found that the elementary schools don't have a true problem with bullies. However, even though the district boasts of a "No tolerance" policy regarding dealing with bullying; I can testify that is not the case especially at the middle school and high school levels. It will be investigated upon reporting it - sometimes- depending on whom you talk to but overall it does not alleviate the problem. The child who is doing the bullying basically ends up getting away with it as the school admin does not do enough to prevent it. This has happened on more than one occasion and with different children I have had the privilege to know. It is better to be informed than be ignorant because when I heard that this district had this policy I was thrilled upon moving here. Having been here and experienced it I am not so thrilled. I think that they need to use in-school suspension for the repeat bully offenders and remand then to seek psychiatric evaluation when they don't stop it. I can see future headlines as one of these repeat offenders finally goes over the edge and really hurts or kills someone because they let it slide for too long.

Westfield Community School 2

Posted January 06, 2011
This school has the poorest communcation of any school that I have ever been involved with. You call for information and then when you follow through on the direction given, you find out that you were misinformed. I have had 2 students that have gone to this school and it gets worse every year. They are also terrible with notifying you when an accident occurs in dealing with your child. I would not recommend going to this school.

Posted October 13, 2010
Since my children have started at Westfield they really enjoy going to school, the staff is great!

Posted October 13, 2010
Westfield puts students first! They participate in community initiatives throughout the year and really encourage student involvement. Our teachers are fantastic! Many have been with Westfield for 20 years & go above & beyond to not only educate, but to encourage students to be the best they can be!

Posted October 13, 2010
We are new to Westfield and have been pleasantly surprised at how helpful and friendly the staff and parents have been. My son also commented that the kids are really friendly and several have asked how he likes his new school so far. We have been extremely pleased.

Posted October 13, 2010
I love Westfield Community School because the students, faculty and families have great school spirit--From the principal down to the crossing guard.

Westfield Community School
Sleepy Hollow Road, Algonquin, IL  60102
(847) 458-1900
Last modified Westfield Community School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westfield Community School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top