Posted November 03, 2014
Teachers and staff are great! Timely communicatiion. They have had an increase in the Spanish-speaking students and unfortunately, they did not have enough teachers/staff at the time to accommodate. They have recently hired specialized skilled staff to address the demand and I am optimistic that this will eventually increase their state standards scores.

Posted May 15, 2013
My son started at Stony Creek this year in Kindergarten. He was not reading or doing math when he started. As we end the school year, my son is reading at a first grade level and doing multiplication! I am extremely impressed with the curriculum, the teachers and the activities at this school. My son is even playing chess!!!! Anyone that is considering this school please give it a chance. I have to admit that initially I wasn't sure it was going to be a good fit but I am very happy.

Stony Creek Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2012
My children have been attending for the last several years and both have had the experience of being taught by teachers with great skills and caring attitudes. Having direct and open communication with the teachers and staff has been very helpful. There are a variety of activities for the children to become involved with, and the PTO has been great. Access to the onsite before/after care program for children of working parents is extremely beneficial.

Posted May 04, 2012
Stony Creek is an amazing school. One of the things that I love the most is the diversity! I am pleased to know that my son is exposed to such great diversity! Another thing that I am very pleased with is the Principal, Mr. Hollingsworth. I've observed him during school events and am very pleased with the way he manages the school and children.The school has many extracurricular activities. Their recent Art Fair was very impressive! It is a big school, but over all it is clean and organized. Academically, I think they are right on. The school staff is friendly and look out for the student's best interest. My son was struggling with reading and was immediately recommended to the Reading Club. His reading has improved significantly! Overall, the school is great and I am very happy. There are 2 things that bother me. 1st, the lack of A/C in the primary grades classrooms. It gets miserably hot during hot days. I would love for the school district to look into this matter and install a/c units in that wing of the school. The 2nd is their before/after school program. It is wonderful, but very expensive. My monthly fee is pretty much the same as the tuition offered at a private school.

Posted December 01, 2011
I attended this school. I can honestly say I received the best education of my life from this facility. The music, art, and gym programs, often an afterthought in schools, are incredible. The educators know what they are doing and want to be there. There are a number of extra-curricular opportunities available to students that will pique any interest. The years I spent at this school are memorable and wonderful. I am grateful for everything I learned.

Posted August 01, 2007
Stony Creek School is definitely a place where my son learned a lot. The dedication of the teachers was amazing. I love the feedback that's given, the extra help that's offered, and I enjoyed the staff. My son attended Stony for two years and he enjoyed it. It's unfortunate that we moved to a different location but it's great that he had the chance to experience such a wonderful school.

Posted May 22, 2006

Posted April 04, 2006
Both my 9-year old and 11-year old have both attended Stony Creek elementary for the last 3 years. They both love their teachers as well as I do. They send home feedback every week as to how your child is doing and it must be signed by the parent for acknowledgement. Stony Creek also has on site before and aftercare which has been a tremendous help for myself as I am a single, working mother. The faculty encourages family involvement. The PTA is awesome! Unfortunately, we have moved out of that district. We all hate to go.

Posted February 14, 2004

Stony Creek Elementary School
11700 South Kolin Avenue, Alsip, IL  60803
Last modified Stony Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stony Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top