Arlington Heights, IL

Dryden Elementary School 1

Posted October 18, 2013
If I could put zero stars, I would. Could not get my children out of this school fast enough. If your child is in the 80%--meaning, does not have issues or is academically excellent , this place will be fine. Dealing with the administration is mind-numbing. Principal is average at best. More interested in politics and policies than children and their needs to be successful. The teachers take direction from her and don't like to think outside the box. The good teachers don't last long--they either leave or succumb to her management. It is her very narrow way, or the highway!

Posted August 14, 2013
Very good partnership between teacher & parents. Technology resources for chidlren are good, too.CAP program partnership (after school care) is among best in the district although run by the park district. They all dove tail to guide the children / parents well. Top art & music teachers.

Posted February 13, 2013
Award-winning art teacher, gregarious and talented music teacher, nurturing teachers. The vice-principal stands out on the corner every day rain or shine (or snow) to high-five the students and wave at the parents and students arriving in cars. Every teacher has gone above and beyond to both welcome and educate my child. Words cannot express how thrilled I am with this school!

Dryden Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2012
I had my kids at this school for 5 years.Would not recommend sending your child to this school.The teachers care more about finding out what is going on in your home than teaching the children.They have my email and send me email's 5 times a day about things that are not important it drives me crazy.Can't wait to get out of this school and be done with them.

Posted April 25, 2012
My children love their school. You will not be able to find a better art teacher anywhere! The regular classroom teachers are wonderful too. When my children showed they needed more challenging work, their teachers were ready to provide it. The communication between parent and teacher is easy. Parent involvement at the school is welcomed and encouraged.

Posted November 17, 2011
Dryden is a leader in providing cutting edge educational experiences. They integrate technology whenever they can, preparing our students to compete in a global society. The leadership and staff are unmatched.

Posted June 24, 2010
What a wonderful feeling to drop your kids off at school and let the school do it's job. Our first year at Dryden has been wonderful. My children have made some great friends and have learned a lot. The teachers are very positive and work great with the students. Keep up the good work!!!!

Posted February 24, 2010
Great school and staff. Keep up the good work becausee whatever your doing its working. Very good communication between the staff and parents.

Posted January 29, 2010
This is an awesome school with wonderful staff. I feel the Principal and Assistant Principal are great and extremely involved contrary to the previous reviewer. The art, music and gym classes have all added tremendous value!

Posted August 26, 2009
the school is great, my son's teacher won the golden apple award last year. I believe it's the best choice for elementary school in Arlington heights.

Dryden Elementary School
722 South Dryden Place, Arlington Heights, IL  60005
Last modified Dryden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dryden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top