Arlington Heights, IL
Students enrolled: 2,029

Posted May 01, 2014
i am a parent and if you have a above average student , send them elsewhere. these are the kids who get pushed aside, simply because they do the work. they are given mainly busy work. the only challenging coursework are the AP classes that are offered. this school is wonderful for special needs kids. That program is fabulous. but if u are on the other end of the spectrum. hersey and its teachers are lacking. My child is a graduating senior and feels these four years were worthless. She has scored in the top 1% nationwide for testing since 1rst grade and got a 34 on her ACT. if you have a smart kid do your research and send them elsewhere.I wish I did.

Posted April 25, 2014
My children have received a great education from Hersey. The teachers are very responsive and there are so many wonderful opportunities to get involved at the school.

Posted June 09, 2013
When i moved to Arlington Heights, I heard alot of good things about this school. Such as it being a very good school, lots of well educated teaches, and friendly students. The School is anything but that. The Staff is horrible, most of them do not know how to teach a class. For most of my sophomore year chemistry class, we would sit in the computer lab and play games, because are teacher did not want to teach. For most of my World History, We would watch movies almost every day of every week. The only reason this school is so popular for students passing is because they only put 1 or 2 grades in a quarter, and its not very difficult for the hardest of learning impaired students to get a A when the teachers do not teach anything. The hallways are also packed, with students having to push and shove to get threw. The Students are all ethier on drugs, or claim to be to be cool. And the school has also gone down in the list of best schools, being beat by BG and Prospect Highschools. This School has high expectations, but falls very far from what you may have heard or expect, Keep your students away for sure!

Posted April 29, 2010
This school is against creative and talented students. Teachers ignore parents ,who want to obtain more information in order to help their children in learning problems.

John Hersey High School 4

Posted January 27, 2010
Our family has had 3 graduates from Hersey. They have all succeeded at the university level. I know they miss their days at Hersey. They all have enjoyed their high school years. The teachers are in tune to the students. Whenever I needed to email a teacher they responded quickly.

John Hersey High School 0

Posted January 27, 2010
I love John Hersey High School. The Fine Arts Department is incredible.

Posted January 26, 2010
I am a current student at JHHS and I have personal found that the teachers are always willing to give 100% to their students. If the student is willing to come in before/after school or even during the teachers' lunch, they will get help. The teachers are well educated and if you don't understand something, they will explain it another way until you get it. Most of the teachers have outside review sessions before tests and want to help you to succeed no matter what. The writing well has both students and teachers to help edit papers and they are all absolutely fantastic. The counselors are all willing to help adjust your schedules and help you in any way they can. The career center is always offering career treks to help you to be sure before becoming too involved. The athletics and music are both wonderful.

John Hersey High School 2

Posted September 17, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008
hi my daughter was fluking math but the teacher helped her and got her to a b- in 2 weeks. i love this school!!

Posted September 03, 2008
We had three children graduate from Hersey and we could not speak highly enough about all of our experiences with the school. The education, athletics, and staff are the best in the area. Two of my children are in the medical field and my middle daughter is a teacher & working towards her masters degree. Her father and I are very proud of them and the fantastic educational foundation that they received at Hersey to grow from.

John Hersey High School
1900 East Thomas Street, Arlington Heights, IL  60004
Last modified John Hersey High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Hersey High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top