K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 24, 2016
thank you mr stack for teaching me and making science interesting. You are a blessing to the school

Christian Liberty Academy 2

Posted June 24, 2016
This school has a very good science class, we learn about all the necessary things such as the solar system, minerals, genetics, biology, etc. The science teacher is also very good, but there are some problems with the school. They completely deny things such as evolution and give already disproven arguments as to why it is wrong. The chapter for fossils in the science book was about 85% talking how evolutionists misinterpret fossils and what not, however, the arguments for this are very poor. (They barley talked about the fossils themselves) They make claims that "archeopteryx" is not a transitional fossil (without giving a single reason as to why it is not.) They say that fossils are found out of order in the way evolution says they should be found. This however is a complete lie and talking to any real paleontologist would explain why this is completely false. (We do not find higher evolved animals with lower evolved animals, for instance, we do not find humans with dinosaurs, smilodons with trilobites, we do not find mastodons with tiktaalik, and apes in Precambrian rock layers.) They also completely gloss over the fact that we have hundreds of thousands of transitional fossils, and they do not teach evolution with biology, even though evolution is one of the foundational parts of biology! They also claim that the earth is 6,000 years old even though we have trees that are over 9,550 years old. Anyways what I'm saying is if your child wants to major in paleontology or biology in a secular college then I don't suggest sending them here. I have to educate myself on evolution on my own time now because I was deprived from learning about it. (I want to be a scientists and or paleonontolgist)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 30, 2016
Pastor Paul Lindstrom was the visionary that started this ministry many years ago. Without his passion and vision the ministry would not be what it is today. Today Pastor Calvin Lindstrom follows diligently in his footsteps charting a course for the next era.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 30, 2016
Honesty, integrity, and fairness are essential qualities taught in Bible and the Bible is not neglected in any way at CLA.

Posted March 30, 2016
This school easily compares to any good private school and is priced very reasonably. Good Christian values are stressed as is comprehensive Bible education. The basis in education I received in theology, reading, grammar, philosophy, economics, and history really prepared me for my college education and understanding the world around me.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted February 01, 2016
Yes! The school has a high standard for grading and since I like to have all As on my report card I have to work hard. I know that this is going to prepare me for higher education.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 01, 2016
We have a mentoring program at our school. When I was younger I was paired with a girl older than me. We met once a week to talk about what the Bible says. Now that I am in high school I get to mentor a younger girl. It has taught me to care for the younger students. I still talk to the girl who mentored me and we have become good friends. This is a wonderful program.

Posted February 01, 2016
I have been at this school since I was in preschool, I am now a freshmen in high school. The teachers are very caring yet they challenge us and help us learn. I love hanging out with the friends I have made at this school old and new. I'm really glad my parents choose to keep me here for high school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 18, 2016
The student body has done many things to reach out to the surrounding community. They have made blankets to be given to new moms and for elderly in nursing homes. They take field trips to the nursing homes to sing to them. Students are taught to look for needs around them and fulfill them.

Posted January 18, 2016
My 4 children have been in this school since they were in preschool. The teachers are wonderful and caring. When I talk to my friends who have children in the public school and everything they are dealing with it makes me even more thankful for this Christian school.

502 West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights, IL  60004
Last modified Christian Liberty Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12