Arlington Heights, IL

Posted November 06, 2014
Christian Liberty Academy Preschool has a phonics-based curriculum that allows 3- and 4-year-olds to either begin reading at 4 or be totally ready to read by age 4 or 5. The staff-student ratio is small and the attention and love given to each student is wonderful. The full-day care is a safe and reliable program with the teachers and aids from the morning watching the kids in the afternoon.

Posted November 06, 2014
My son graduated from the high school and has his masters in accounting and is a CPA. My daughter graduated from the high school and is a teacher with plans to get her masters soon. The academics were great: most importantly, my kids said they could not believe the poor study skills in their classmates at their respective universities. Mine were very well prepared. The Christian and moral aspect of the curriculum and the teachers who took a real interest in mentoring them helped us keep them on a good path. Another thing I noticed: students greet you in the hall, hold doors open for you, and are very helpful and courteous to this old lady. So nice to see that for a change!

Posted October 16, 2013
CLA has excellent administration, teachers, coaches, academics, sports, hot lunch, facilities, Biblical and Moral teaching. We have had are 4 children there for the past 4+ years and have experience with the preschool through 12th grade. My oldest, a 12th grader, scored higher than a 30 on her ACT and is getting academic scholarship offers of 1/2 tuition as a result. There are excellent electives and elective teachers for Art, Culinary Arts (a chef and a multi-million dollar kitchen), Computers (classes to build computer and code in Java). The teachers and kids look out for each other. We are very happy we found this school and highly recommend it.

Posted October 07, 2013
I I know this school from a few of the graduates and one teacher. I am 66 yrs. old, practicing now for 42 yrs. The academics are important, but character and moral integrity makes for a success in life. This school provides that opportunity. Not every student will accept that nor every parent. Learning with a Christian bias allows a freedom in thought not found in today's public school.

Christian Liberty Academy 1

Posted May 28, 2013
There is some good and some bad to this school, and it isn't for everyone. I switched over to public school in 2010 to public school. First the bad: the school hasn't been accredited (the state of Illinois hasn't approved the school curriculum), and most of the teachers haven't been certified (gone to college to teach). This will make it harder for you to get into college. Also, they use the IOWAS as a standard to measure their school by, when the test is outdated, and thus the school can't be said to measure up to the standards of public schools. The curriculum is taught from homeschool books. Also the school is extremely conservative, and recently changed the dress code to accomadate girls wearing pants. Students can also develop reputations, as word gets around about what students are like. It also is quite backwards in technology, and computers are discouraged. CLA also does not excell in math. The junior high transition was also difficult for me in academic setup. The good: Many of the teachers are caring and fun. They also really hammer home Bible. There reading program is also fairly good. I would only recommend this school to people planning to major in Bible in college.

Posted March 07, 2012
Wonderful school academically and more importantly your child will study the Bible and grow spiritually too. We love this school. The teachers care for the students.

Posted February 17, 2012
We pulled our student from the public school and started going to CLA in the fall. We couldn't be happier! The teachers, principal, office staff have been so helpful and caring. Our son is excited about learning. The transition for him with making new friends and having new teachers went smoothly. Worth every penny! The curriculum is excellent. They teach history, grammar, writing, math exceptionally well. We have no doubt that our son is getting a solid foundation and will do well in the years ahead.

Posted January 22, 2012
My son attend Jr. K @ CLA. So far I am really liking it. He is reading already..

Christian Liberty Academy 2

Posted July 27, 2011
We used the home school curriculum and after receiving additional charges that are above and beyond the curriculum charges they dreamed up damages to the books we returned just to keep more of our money as we withdrew from the school. We withdrew after receiving the extra charges and finding out that the accreditation wasn't up to the requirements of the general public and my child may still have to take the GED just to be acknowledged by some colleges. Bottom line is, it is a good curriculum as long as you do everything their way, but after you cross them, you will get taken.

Posted July 01, 2011
I would recommend this school for any kindergardener. This school gives a great foundation for moral education for all of its students . The teachers are understanding and are selective about the studies of each student. Their curriculam is one of the best. My daughter was enrolled in senior kindergarden in this school.

Christian Liberty Academy
502 West Euclid Avenue, Arlington Heights, IL  60004
Last modified Christian Liberty Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Christian Liberty Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top