K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school has a very good science class, we learn about all the necessary things such as the solar system, minerals, genetics, biology, etc. The science teacher is also very good, but there are some problems with the school. They completely deny things such as evolution and give already disproven arguments as to why it is wrong. The chapter for fossils in the science book was about 85% talking how evolutionists misinterpret fossils and what not, however, the arguments for this are very poor. (They barley talked about the fossils themselves) They make claims that "archeopteryx" is not a transitional fossil (without giving a single reason as to why it is not.) They say that fossils are found out of order in the way evolution says they should be found. This however is a complete lie and talking to any real paleontologist would explain why this is completely false. (We do not find higher evolved animals with lower evolved animals, for instance, we do not find humans with dinosaurs, smilodons with trilobites, we do not find mastodons with tiktaalik, and apes in Precambrian rock layers.) They also completely gloss over the fact that we have hundreds of thousands of transitional fossils, and they do not teach evolution with biology, even though evolution is one of the foundational parts of biology! They also claim that the earth is 6,000 years old even though we have trees that are over 9,550 years old. Anyways what I'm saying is if your child wants to major in paleontology or biology in a secular college then I don't suggest sending them here. I have to educate myself on evolution on my own time now because I was deprived from learning about it. (I want to be a scientists and or paleonontolgist)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness are essential qualities taught in Bible and the Bible is not neglected in any way at CLA.

This school easily compares to any good private school and is priced very reasonably. Good Christian values are stressed as is comprehensive Bible education. The basis in education I received in theology, reading, grammar, philosophy, economics, and history really prepared me for my college education and understanding the world around me.

I have been at this school since I was in preschool, I am now a freshmen in high school. The teachers are very caring yet they challenge us and help us learn. I love hanging out with the friends I have made at this school old and new. I'm really glad my parents choose to keep me here for high school.

My 4 children have been in this school since they were in preschool. The teachers are wonderful and caring. When I talk to my friends who have children in the public school and everything they are dealing with it makes me even more thankful for this Christian school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The student ended up in the hospital for being treated so badly by others. Bullying in there.

Christian Liberty Academy Preschool has a phonics-based curriculum that allows 3- and 4-year-olds to either begin reading at 4 or be totally ready to read by age 4 or 5. The staff-student ratio is small and the attention and love given to each student is wonderful. The full-day care is a safe and reliable program with the teachers and aids from the morning watching the kids in the afternoon.

My son graduated from the high school and has his masters in accounting and is a CPA. My daughter graduated from the high school and is a teacher with plans to get her masters soon. The academics were great: most importantly, my kids said they could not believe the poor study skills in their classmates at their respective universities. Mine were very well prepared. The Christian and moral aspect of the curriculum and the teachers who took a real interest in mentoring them helped us keep them on a good path. Another thing I noticed: students greet you in the hall, hold doors open for you, and are very helpful and courteous to this old lady. So nice to see that for a change!

CLA has excellent administration, teachers, coaches, academics, sports, hot lunch, facilities, Biblical and Moral teaching. We have had are 4 children there for the past 4+ years and have experience with the preschool through 12th grade. My oldest, a 12th grader, scored higher than a 30 on her ACT and is getting academic scholarship offers of 1/2 tuition as a result. There are excellent electives and elective teachers for Art, Culinary Arts (a chef and a multi-million dollar kitchen), Computers (classes to build computer and code in Java). The teachers and kids look out for each other. We are very happy we found this school and highly recommend it.

I I know this school from a few of the graduates and one teacher. I am 66 yrs. old, practicing now for 42 yrs. The academics are important, but character and moral integrity makes for a success in life. This school provides that opportunity. Not every student will accept that nor every parent. Learning with a Christian bias allows a freedom in thought not found in today's public school.

Last modified Christian Liberty Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12