Astoria, IL

Posted July 04, 2009
Great school with challenging academics and a lot of clubs and sports to offer. For such a small school, it is truly one of the best around.

Posted March 23, 2008
When I attended this school the teachers were great, with the exception of a certain one. Other than that the teachers took the time with all the students, and went out of their way to help out!! Not just with school work either, but also with a students personal issues!! I had a great experience!!

Posted November 22, 2005
This school has a WONDERFUL Drama program. They put out a quality production every year, and always win praise from the Canton Daily Ledger. They also have a pageant for teenage girls at their town! They also have a fantastic Ag program that is pretty much better than all the other school's. They are lacking a little in the music department, but they are trying to get things off the ground. The enrollment count on here is wrong. They actually have about 85 students in the whole high school! This sets up for a great learninig environment. tThe students don't feel as if they can relate to the current principal. This is his first year at Astoria High and he's gotten off to a rather bad start.

Posted August 05, 2005
Astoria High School is a wonderful school for those who like the small town atmosphere. It's just great to know everyone that you go to school with and having the teachers know you personally your not just a student, they care about everyone. We offer many courses at our school than most other schools in the area and have a great computer system and program that I think is very beneficial to all involved with the schools including the parents. The parents have access to grades, past assignments, and teachers comments which is awesome because they become more involved with the school and their student. I couldn't see myself going anywhere but Astoria High!

Posted August 05, 2005
Astoria High School is wonderful for those who enjoy the small town atmosphere. Its just great to have the chance to know all the students and teachers. The student/teacher ratio is above average and is very helpful to students because they teach and get to know you personally. Most of the teachers go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that the students get the most out of their education at the school. There are many courses that are offered here that most schools in the area don't offer. Our internet and computer programs are awesome and is very beneficial to not only the the teachers and students but also parents and anyone else who is curious to find out what's going on at the schools. There are now college prep courses that are offered at our high school through our internet which is great for those who want to follow through with their education in the future. Our school has really come along way in my opinion from previous years the education is by far more advanced and the technology is top notch. There are many clubs and other activities available to students who are academically eligible to participate which not only gives them something to do but keeps them out of trouble and builds leadership and character for all of them. Astoria High School is definitely one of the best high schools for small towns in the West Central Illinois area!!

Posted March 23, 2005
I could not be more pleased with this school. I am a current student and I love it here. I'm not normally an advocate of small schools, but in this case I can make an exception. The teachers are wonderfull, and get to know all the students on a personal level. Our departments do an outstanding job, with special credit towards the english department (only two teachers, both of whom are great), and the history department, run by a younger teacher who teaches ALL of the HS history classes and a few JrH. classes too. These teachers do so much with so little resources. But, we do have a VERY advanced computer lab (one of the best around) We also have great advantages for those interested in Agriculture, a new ag shop and green house. All around I would say we have the greatest school ever!

Astoria High School
402 North Jefferson Street, Astoria, IL  61501
Last modified Astoria High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Astoria High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top