Aurora, IL

Peter M Gombert Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2014
Update on below .other email regarding over 29.. that is a typo.. meant to indicate over 20 students in each class.. where does average of 15 come from?

Posted July 30, 2012
Gombert has great staff, and I had the pleasure of subbing at Gombert prior to moving here so the ranking did not bother me. As someone who has subbed and been a parent in both district 204 and 203 schools I can honestly say 204 is way better, especially if you have a child with special needs or a child that needs early intervention. 203 actually comes and observes 204 special needs classes because that is what we are known for and 204 was the pioneers of the inclusion movement. Gombert is not ranked very high in comparision to the other 204 schools but the curriculuum and quality of teachers is just as high as at White Eagle. The difference is we have a higher ESL population and standardized tests have been proven to be biased and not properly measure this kind of student, thus since the rank is based on test scores alone it does not give an accurate account of the ability level of students at Gombert . I love Gombert though and the neighborhood I live in ( I live less then a block from Gombert) and I plan on staying here for a long time, the jr. is also great and so is the highschool.

Peter M Gombert Elementary School 2

Posted October 06, 2011
I agree with the parents regarding the friendly atmosphere and parent involvement... however, I feel that the school does not adequately prepare students for the challenges, discipline, and rigors of middle school. It is also very discouraging to see that when our district's newsletter goes out that none of our teachers or school programs ever receive any acknoweldgements. I don't know if that's because our teachers don't get recognized on a state or district level for any achievements or if Gombert is simply overlooked. OUr test scores also always seem to be some of the lowest in our district as well.

Posted December 18, 2009

Peter M Gombert Elementary School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
The teachers and staff at Gombert are wonderful! They went the 'extra mile' in making my daughter feel welcome as a new student.

Posted January 08, 2009
I really have enjoyed the experience of my child attending Gombert Elementary. I truly think that she will have a solid foundation as she moves on to the middle school. I believe this not only in the educational things that she is learning but also in her social skills. I believe is well balanced in its commitment to teaching but also allowing the kids to experiment in different things to get an understanding of what things they would like to pursue. I am always amazed at some of the things she brings home as a5th grader. Sometimes some of things she is learning I learned in high school. There are no guarantees in life but I can honestly say if you have the desire to succeed, Gombert is very supportive in making that happen.

Posted November 30, 2007

Peter M Gombert Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2006
Gombert is very in tune with parents: the teachers that are not up to snuff seem to vanish pretty quickly and the ones that are there are beloved by our kids. Their math program is excellent and we think that they generally do a good job of challenging the kids into the next level of education. We love 'em.

Posted November 07, 2005
Gombert has a strong family volunteer spirit which offers the kids many wonderful programs like Chess club & Super Science.The teachers are all wonderful and have so much experience. The open lines of communication between the staff & parents is amazing. Having two children here & one who just left to middle school, I can truly say Gombert was an excellent choice for my childrens' academic foundation. Another impressive factor is the music/art programs.Simply amazing what they teach the kids to do. I highly recommend Gombert. Go Gators!

Peter M Gombert Elementary School
2707 Ridge Road, Aurora, IL  60504
Last modified Peter M Gombert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter M Gombert Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top