Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

What a great program - 2800 student population allows opportunity for all students... not just the elite few. Strong school spirit, and a great sense of pride in what they are able to accomplish. Teachers are more tenured here, having the experience to deal with the challenges of educating a wide range of students. Music program is amazing - Sports teams always perform well - Just a well-rounded educational and social experience.

I graduated from Waubonsie a few years ago and am now a student at a top-rated university where the a large number of the students came from the best private schools around the world. A lot of them are very intelligent people, don't get me wrong, but I honestly do not feel that they got a better education than I did at Waubonsie. I never realized what a wonderful school Waubonsie was before coming to college. It really did prepare me quite well. Also, I have yet to hear of another high school that is as intensely focused on and proud of its music program. Grammy Award Winning! I still miss our orchestra. It's really a bit disillusioning to realize that my college's supposedly wonderful symphony orchestra is no where near as good. Not to mention Waubonsie's choirs! I didn't participate myself, but I'm still proud to know that the show choir placed 1st nationally. There are so many incredible academic, performance, and interest-based clubs at Waubonsie, many of which frequently win very prestigious awards. Not to mention far more AP classes than one could take in four years. If you work hard, I can't imagine a better place for you to be for high school.

The teachers go out of their way to help kids that are having trouble with classes. My daughter came after the start of the year and was welcomed warmly. She loves it there!

this is a all around great school i mostly loved the sports in this school, mostly football. it has lots of talent in it players and coaches. it's amazing to see how people from all different races will come together and form a outstanding football team. wont be suprised to see some serious college football players come out of here. also cant wait for the new turf field to come.

We love the teachers and the staff at Waubonsie! We transferred from another high school into Waubonsie this year and we love it!

I could not be happier with Waubonsie. My child is an AP student and loves his teachers and the classes he takes. Their music department is outstanding.

The teachers at Waubonsie are so commited to teaching and the learning environment is great. Waubonsie has great a great athletics program and many extracurriculars to chose from. Our grammy winning music department travels all over the world. WVHS is a super friendly and multicultural school, whith tons of different varieties of students and teachers.

We have a senior and freshman at WVHS. This school is excellent, although large at 4500 -5000 students. It has done it's part in making our senior a successful young man. The school has a multiple Grammy winning music program. This school is undergoing some significant change, as the district (ipsd 204) is opening a 3rd HS, with about 40% of the students at WVHS moving to the new school. The student population will shrink, and the boundry changes will lead to less diversity. Our daughter will be at the new school as a soph, we wish she was staying at WVHS. All 204 HS are excellent. As you look at Naperville you may hear that Nequa is the better school. The fractional differences between test scores is tiny, and with the new borders it will disappear.

I just graduated from Waubonsie this year (2008), and I have to admit the school's enviornment was great! I felt very comfortable, as well as welcomed. There are so many after school activities from football to badmitton, and student council to Anime club. You name it, Waubonsie has it. Academics are great too. I was able to participate in a Human Genome Lab for the genetics class, (which by the way, Waubonsie is the only school in Illinois to provide this experience) And of course the planetarium, which not many schools have. Although it is sad to say that the students on the other hand, were quite clique-ish. The 'rich' kids had their own group and were highly unfriendly. But other than that, I have no complaints what so ever!

It is a great experience to have teens studying at Waubonsie because the whole staff is very attentive, responsible and very much interested in the progress of all students, specially the teachers.

Last modified Waubonsie Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.