Aurora, IL
Students enrolled: 2,557

Posted August 21, 2013
What a great program - 2800 student population allows opportunity for all students... not just the elite few. Strong school spirit, and a great sense of pride in what they are able to accomplish. Teachers are more tenured here, having the experience to deal with the challenges of educating a wide range of students. Music program is amazing - Sports teams always perform well - Just a well-rounded educational and social experience.

Posted January 12, 2011
I graduated from Waubonsie a few years ago and am now a student at a top-rated university where the a large number of the students came from the best private schools around the world. A lot of them are very intelligent people, don't get me wrong, but I honestly do not feel that they got a better education than I did at Waubonsie. I never realized what a wonderful school Waubonsie was before coming to college. It really did prepare me quite well. Also, I have yet to hear of another high school that is as intensely focused on and proud of its music program. Grammy Award Winning! I still miss our orchestra. It's really a bit disillusioning to realize that my college's supposedly wonderful symphony orchestra is no where near as good. Not to mention Waubonsie's choirs! I didn't participate myself, but I'm still proud to know that the show choir placed 1st nationally. There are so many incredible academic, performance, and interest-based clubs at Waubonsie, many of which frequently win very prestigious awards. Not to mention far more AP classes than one could take in four years. If you work hard, I can't imagine a better place for you to be for high school.

Waubonsie Valley High School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
The teachers go out of their way to help kids that are having trouble with classes. My daughter came after the start of the year and was welcomed warmly. She loves it there!

Posted July 21, 2010
this is a all around great school i mostly loved the sports in this school, mostly football. it has lots of talent in it players and coaches. it's amazing to see how people from all different races will come together and form a outstanding football team. wont be suprised to see some serious college football players come out of here. also cant wait for the new turf field to come.

Posted January 28, 2010
We love the teachers and the staff at Waubonsie! We transferred from another high school into Waubonsie this year and we love it!

Posted January 27, 2010
I could not be happier with Waubonsie. My child is an AP student and loves his teachers and the classes he takes. Their music department is outstanding.

Posted June 03, 2009
The teachers at Waubonsie are so commited to teaching and the learning environment is great. Waubonsie has great a great athletics program and many extracurriculars to chose from. Our grammy winning music department travels all over the world. WVHS is a super friendly and multicultural school, whith tons of different varieties of students and teachers.

Posted February 11, 2009

Waubonsie Valley High School 1

Posted January 16, 2009

Posted October 11, 2008

Waubonsie Valley High School
2590 Ogden Avenue, Aurora, IL  60504
Last modified Waubonsie Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Waubonsie Valley High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top