Aurora, IL

Posted September 23, 2014
Georgetown is an amazing school with a great staff and teachers. We have been at the school for six years between two children. While I can understand some of the concerns from the other commenters, I would not agree with the rating. I have one student who is gifted and another who is "average". They both get a great education and their individual needs have always been met due to teachers who go above and beyond what is necessary to meet those needs. The PTA at this school is amazing and very involved. The new principal is making many positive changes within the school and is always approachable and willing to listen to parents concerns and ideas. Georgetown is a great school!

Posted August 06, 2014
Georgetown is an amazing school. My daughter came in as a kindergartner with a exceedingly rare eye condition- one that neither we nor her eye doctor had yet to figure out. When her skills were high, but she had trouble with writing, her teacher suggested a OT eval. Immediatley we were told it was not an OT problem, and even the name of the condition she had. We went to a specialist , the schools OT was right on ! My daughter got glasses and she thrived ! The eye doc said in MOST situations the child gets misdignosed as ADD in these situations, that most kids are not figured out till at least third grade. But Georgetown is not MOST schools. They have a new principal who is involved and very approachable. The PTA is amazing and creates many outstanding events each year.

Posted June 27, 2014
My child attended Kindergarten and it was a great year for her. Teachers, principal and staff worked with the kids and parents upto my expectation. Begining of the year I was concerned hearing all kinds of troubles and low scores. But looks like school has taken up to bring back the perfection as it was few years ago. Keep up the good work.

Georgetown Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
Kids in ELL classes, in gifted program (PA), or those with IEPs are fine there, but the average student (aka the majority) get left behind. First year for a new Principal this year (2013-14), and it's clear the troublemaker students have zero fear of her: she just wants to be their friend. Same problem kids and consequences do nothing to curb awful behavior. Missing lunch and recess for any kind of offense is a cakewalk to kids (& parents) who don't care and have little respect for authority.

Posted February 07, 2014
My two children have done very well at Georgetown. This school offers great programs that address the individual needs of each student. The teachers are wonderful and communicate with me as to my children's progress. I would definitely recommend this school!

Posted January 27, 2014
I have 2 children that attended Kindergarten through fifth grade at Georgetown. My eldest child attended Project Arrow, an accelerated program which provided the challenges he needed to excel in his studies. He was a consistent "A" student - but boredom would set in quickly if he was not challenged by his teachers. Project Arrow helped my son to always think outside the box - which he still does to this day. My second child attended regular classes at Georgetown. Her teachers knew what it took to keep each class interesting - but fun at the same time. Every day she would be so excited to come home and show me her work and tell me about her day. In fifth grade orchestra she was introduced to the Viola, and learned to play quite beautifully. I have to say that thanks to the quality of teachers and the excellent curriculum offered at Georgetown Elementary School, my children received the best beginning of their education.

Georgetown Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2013
My son is a 2nd grader and is thriving at this school. The reading curriculum is fantastic and he was learning far ahead of his peers in other schools. There is a large hispanic population with english as a second language. The school recently developed classes for ESL students which I think has benefited all students. I was very happy with his kindergarten and first grade teachers. They took time to get to know my son and kept him challenged. There is a strong group of parents that participate in programs, PTA, volunteer. It is typically the same group that is most active in the school. There is a new principle this year, but otherwise I have found the rest of the administation very helpful.

Posted July 26, 2013
Georgetown Elemntry School is excellent for families sending kids to Grade K-5, THe pricipal Ms. Kim pays personal attention to all all programs and PTA involvement, Kids gets challenged more and more to help them grow an learn concepts, Excellent and experienced teacher, can not expect more

Georgetown Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
All public schools unfortunately teach to the lowest common denominator, and the LCD here at Georgetown is far lower than what my child needs. Kids how excel do get some individualized attention, but for the most part, they're bored because they are not being challenged. Some teachers are good, a few are great. All the schools 204 utilize the Everyday Math Program, which is an atrocity and a severe injustice to our children's mathematical education.

Georgetown Elementary School

Posted April 20, 2010
Had 1 child in georgetown for 5 years and have a kindergartner going this year. Teachers are GREAT!!

Georgetown Elementary School
995 Long Grove Drive, Aurora, IL  60504
Last modified Georgetown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Georgetown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top