Posted May 14, 2014
We moved recently to utah from aurora and let me just say I loved McCarty and miss it a bunch. The teachers at McCarty are great and want your kids to succeed. My son got tons of extra help from the specialists teacher and my daughter got tons of help in speech. I would rate this school more like a ten cause of all the extra support it gives the kids. I get less then half out here in Utah. So way to go McCarty you never know what you have till it's gone!!

Posted November 20, 2013
McCarty is a fantastic, diverse, caring environment for both of my children. The teachers, support staff, administrative staff and principal are on the ball and fully engaged with the students. I'm thrilled to volunteer any time I can, just to get a quick peek at my little ones in their own environment. Thank you for providing a safe and fertile environment for learning!

Posted November 19, 2013
My son attends kindergarten at McCarty and so far it has been an excellent experience. My son is excited to go to school everyday, despite his clip getting moved down periodically (he's a very social and active little boy). He has comes home excited about things he is learning. They have a great PTA and it is nice to see how many parents are involved with the school and attend events with their kids to support the school. I have talked with the principal on several occasions and am very pleased.

Posted September 23, 2013
I've read many of the reviews on this site and have to say that I am very impressed with the school on several levels: it is a very diverse school with a great mix of families who genuinely care about the students. Yes, the classroom sizes could be smaller, but I've found that when both parents and teachers partner together for the benefit of the student, everyone wins. I will also say that the principal leadership of the school is excellent. The principal is very involved with the students and it shows through her interactions with the students.

Posted September 11, 2013
My children are in Kindergarten and 2nd grade at McCarty Elementary. The new school year was a little rough for them to transition into and I can't say enough good things about their teachers helping to ease this transition and make them feel cared for. The principle also went above an beyond to make the start of the year a good one!! My children have shown such positive results! Thank you!!

Mccarty Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2013
Student and teacher ratio is 30:1, Which is very high. You can't expect your kid to learn much in the class room. Very disappointed with school performance.Bottom in the list performance wise in 204 schools. Hoping to move my kid out of this school.

Posted August 21, 2012
We have had a fantastic experience at McCarty. We are entering our 4th year. The PTA, Teachers & Administration are thoughtful, caring and TRULY working to benefit the students. I'm proud to have my children attend McCarty!

Mccarty Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2012
Special need parents don't even think about moving to this school or the school Dist. (204) . Worst place for special need kids, school don't have any ILC Classrooms or Sensory room , we moved all the way from Calgary , Alberta seeing some reviews and invested all the money in a house right behind MacCarty, now we're not able sell this house in the present market.My son is transported to a school which is 20 minutes drive away. Special need parents pls do your homework before you can make big moves and big investments.

Posted October 18, 2010
The teachers work hard in this school, however the teacher/student ratio is closer to 30-1 not 16-1 as advertised. I moved to this district and received a shock when I found out there were 30 children in one classroom. How can we expect our teachers to handle this many kids. The entire blame goes to the people/politicians who do not know how to spend money wisely.

Mccarty Elementary School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
The teachers are dedicated and caring.

Mccarty Elementary School
3000 Village Green Drive, Aurora, IL  60504
Last modified Mccarty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccarty Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top