Aurora, IL
Students enrolled: 1,064

Posted July 06, 2013
The problem (s) with this school is both the staff and students. The students (most of them) have literally no respect for Authority whatsoever. I grew up in this neighborhood since I was 8, It's a tough and crime infested area. I can see why the students don't care, there's no positive role models around them. I was also one of the few white students here as well, it taught me to defend myself because I was usually beaten up regularly the first week. After a while, it stopped. The problem with the staff is, they don't care what happens as long as they get their paycheck at the end of the month. This is not a place for white people, unless you live in the area. The education lacks in areas, unless you're in the ELL program. Overall, I give it a 4/10

Henry W Cowherd Middle School 1

Posted March 22, 2010
The school will never admit there fault and just like to outcast the children other then stepping up and teaching.

Henry W Cowherd Middle School 1

Posted June 02, 2009
If your child has an IEP, they will never reach a higher grade level that they entered the school with. No school bus system. Teachers do not call you if your child gets hit, kicked, potientially failing a class or classes. Also no consequence for students beating up other students on a every day basis. Even with multiple parents frantic calls and complaints.

Posted August 22, 2008
The office staff is extremely rude, they talked to me like I was stupid. My daughter did not feel safe and had to transfer her out. If you can get past the staff talking down to you, and show some interest in your child and have no other options, It is O.K at best.

Posted November 19, 2007
This school has some nice teachers.

Henry W Cowherd Middle School 3

Posted September 18, 2006
This school is really nice. They dont have great teatching staff or students but about 20% of the students are really smart and have got really good futers. This school has way to manny fights.

Henry W Cowherd Middle School 5

Posted January 09, 2004
I think this is a great school because the teachers are great, the students are great, and untill I went there I never liked school but over there I wanted to go to school, couldnt wait to go back.

Henry W Cowherd Middle School 4

Posted May 06, 2003
A very caring staff that struggles with a lack of meaningful parental support. Students are well behaved and the use of block periods allows the teachers more flexibility to continue classes if they need more time.

Henry W Cowherd Middle School
441 North Farnsworth Avenue, Aurora, IL  60505
Last modified Henry W Cowherd Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henry W Cowherd Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top