Aurora, IL

Olney C Allen Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
My daughter has had two amazing teachers Mrs. Lesk for 2nd grade and Mrs. Reed. for third grade. She has made honor roll twice this year and has great study habits. Her art teacher choose one of her art projects in an art show recently which was amazing. OC Allen is a good school. The teachers and staff show they care and put alot of effort into keeping the kids engaged in learning. I believe that its only going to get better because all the efforts are there. It takes a village and being an active parent in your child's academic growth will help make a difference. I say OC Allen is a great school, but it helps to be a great active parent as well!

Olney C Allen Elementary School 3

Posted August 23, 2013
This school does everything they can with the resources they have. Given a better opportunity and resources the school would thrive.

Olney C Allen Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
This school has great potential. I think there is a high percentage of parents who believe the school is solely responsible for the education of their children. Let's step up to the plate.

Posted July 09, 2013
I was here ever since preschool till 5th grade and now i moved district and now i go to district 204. And i love that school its always a school ill never forge -janelli parra

Posted June 10, 2013
I was a preschool and kindergarten student here in 2005 and 2006, I'm 12 years old now. I really like Mrs.Potenberg (although I wasn't the best student,) I wish I could keep in contact with my old teachers... but I moved to Alaska 5 years ago. Oh well. -Kelli Anne D.-

Posted November 21, 2008
I wasn't going to write anything but after looking at the scores in Reading, Math and Science for the last three years and seeing those statistics, I could not help but to comment. Those of you who have children attending a school in a district that not only hasn't exceeded average in scores but hasn't even met average in three core academic areas. This is truely appalling, you parents are the ones that need to stand at city hall and demand to know where your tax dollars are being spent...not in that school my friends. Three principles in 5 years, something smells bad. Check under the tab 'Test Score' at the top for yourself. WOW. Very sad that there aren't even scores to compare with.

Posted September 18, 2008
I have two children @ OC Allen. My oldest is in first grade&my youngest is in Pre-K4. I feel so blest to have had the opporunity for my children to attend school in district 131. Both children have been part of the 'free' preschool program which is fabulous. I love that our Grade School&district participate in the Character Counts and PBIS programs. I feel OC Allen offers a positive environment to our children. The teachers are informed & available, the vice principal & principal are engaged. What makes our district special is that it promotes community school unity w/ after school activities that bring all the school in dist 131 together. My 1st grader, reads like a champ and has been adding and subtracting since late Pre-K4 & early K. My Pre-K4 is starting to read and loves to print her letters and count. Everyday I sing OC Allen's/District praises.

Posted June 24, 2008
I have been very happy with my children's education at Allen School. I particularly believe that the leadership provided by Mrs. Mink and Mr. Rodriguez has helped set a high standard for the teachers and the students. It is too bad that Mrs. Mink is leaving Allen School. She was a wonderful principal and she will be missed. The school district should do more to keep quality leaders like her. I am also disappointed that Mr. Rodriguez is not going to be the next principal. I am hoping the new principal will keep his/her expectations high for the teachers and students so Allen can continue to be the kind of school where I am proud to send my children.

Posted May 05, 2008
Both of my children and my husband attended and attends Olney C Allen School in Aurora Illinois. In my opinion it is not the area that makes the school successful, but the dedication from the the faculty and the students. Allen continues to make tremendous strides in the area of improvement. This year (2008) has proven to be a excellent year in the way of education for my daughter. Mrs. Callahan really has challenged her third grade class in everyway. As dauting as it is on me as a parent, I appreciate her pushing the children to make them go the extra mile. These are the children that hold our future and every child deserves the right to be the reciepent of an exceptional educator.

Posted January 05, 2008
Before my child entered Allen School I heard the horror stories , the school is great ! my child loves Mrs. Pettit and is very excited to go to class every day

700 South Farnsworth Avenue, Aurora, IL  60505
Last modified Olney C Allen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olney C Allen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top