No rating

Aurora Christian Schools

Private | PK-12 | 628 students

Living in Aurora

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $118,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $920.

Posted July 18, 2014

LOVE THIS SCHOOL! We are so glad we made the switch! The curriculum far exceeds the public schools in the area. Our child went from being bored in school to challenged beyond our expectations. The staff has a great way of pushing each student to his/her highest potential. I would highly recommend ACS for gifted and special needs students alike. No cookie-cutter education. Academics aside, I was nervous for my child to start a new school since I have first hand experience being new as a child, and having a very hard time. The faculty, administration and students were so welcoming I could hardly believe it. My child was immediately given a 'buddy' that rotated throughout the weeks so he could get to know everyone. (this included older students) To this day I frequently see the older students 'high-fiving' the younger students as they pass each other at the end of school. The sense of 'belonging to something greater' is something they should really market. The school is an investment, but the rewards FAR surpassed my expectations.

Posted July 15, 2014

We have witnessed our grandson's development at Aurora Christian for the past two years. We have also attended many school events and met teachers and administrators. Having much experience with both public and other private schools I could not speak more highly of any school than of Aurora Christian. Their focus on academic excellence, Christian values, community citizenship, and the development of children into responsible adults has convinced us our grandson should attend throughout his secondary education (he will be in the fifth grade). They provide an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and growth. When walking through the campus we have been struck by the politeness and kindness of the students and the phenomenon of self discipline which is absent in so many of our schools. Your child will be challenged to grow on many levels at this school, from academics to social development, but he/she will benefit from growth for the rest of their lives. The excellent quality of teachers and administrators is at a level that I recall was the norm when I attended school decades ago. I would highly recommend any parent consider this school for their child.

Posted July 2, 2014

I really pray this school has changed in the years since I attended. Academics were (are?) subpar, especially in comparison to other private schools in the area. I agree with the above that there is considerable favoritism toward children of staff. I learned little about God's unending love and grace, and instead was made to feel shame and humiliation for poor choices. Children of my own will certainly not attend ACS, and I would encourage any parent to consider other options before choosing ACS.

Posted February 28, 2014

Aurora Christian has some really great christian teachers. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make up for the fact that the academics are really lacking and this school has a serious bullying problem. The bullying is tolerated because a lot of it comes from the staff's children. I am not sure why they are so weak academically - but their science and math programs will not have kids ready for college, if they wish to go into these fields.

Posted February 8, 2014

I'm not usually one to write reviews but I felt compelled once I heard about this site. If I had to sum up ACS with one word, it would be COMMUNITY. Being a K-12 facility, ACS had created a community where all grades feel apart of a greater "family". The sense of belonging to a greater good is really quiet overwhelming, and frankly, refreshing in today's world. Worth every penny!

Posted February 6, 2014

An unbelievable school! Couldn't feel more blessed to have found it! My son wasn't challenged in the public school system and has flourished at ACS. To say that this school actually "walks the walk" instead of "talking the talk" is an understatement. I am confident every day knowing that when I drop my son off at school, they are going to continue reinforcing the values that I teach him at home. Without sounding ridiculous, ACS has renewed my faith in people...

Posted February 5, 2014

Never go to aurora christan, first of all the staff a biased towards their own children, students would be leftout by the "popular" kids, academically its fine but a bit behind, there are other private schools that are cheaper but better then aurora christan.

Posted October 28, 2013

My husband and I sent our daughter to Aurora Christian for high school and were very satisfied with her experience there. She went on to the University of Illinois and graduated with a degree in teaching. We are now helping with the tuition for our granddaugher so she can experience a learning environment that has our values and receive and excellent education.

Posted October 24, 2013

My school is highly student and family oriented. I sent our daughter their and now am helping send a granddaughter. I can see the impact the school has had on their lives.

Posted October 24, 2013

Aurora Christian School is amazing and built around the love of God and his direction in our kids lives, along with that the kids get an amazing education from teachers who love God.

Posted October 23, 2013

I attended ACS for my high school years back in the 1980's and am now the parent of a 4th grader who has attended since 4 yr old preschool. It has been a wonderful place for my daughter to learn & grow academically and spiritually. Every teacher so far has really displayed a genuinie love for my daughter and her classmates. It feels like a big family. Of course no place is perfect, as everywhere is filled with imperfect people. However, I know for a fact that my child is surrounded by amazing Christ followers who are there for the love of God and children. I am very thankful for ACS and sacrifice for my child to attend because I feel it is an extremely worthy investment.

Posted October 22, 2013

ACS is the worst school I have attended. Bullying was an issue, and faculty members who have children that go there are definitely treated better than other teachers. The curriculum is so far behind, and not to mention the school is deeply in debt. The inside of the school isn't taken care of. Ceiling leak when it rains, and the bathroom stalls don't even lock. My child went for 2 years and there was nothing but trouble from teachers and students who harassed her. The school didn't do anything when I called about it. It's just a horrible school. Period.

Posted October 21, 2013

A wonderful experience for years... Our son has attended ACS since pre-school... We didn't know anyone at the school and our son is an only child. But he (and we as a family) have met so many wonderful families - We have had a wonderful experience and so has our son. He is growing academically, physically and most importantly with a heart for God.

Posted October 16, 2013

We have three children at ACS and we are very happy here. My children love their teachers and friends. The school provides lots of different sports activities. They also offer extended care for working parents. We feel the school provides a strong academic education as well as a caring Christian environment. We love this school!

Posted October 13, 2013

Aurora Christian School has been an amazing blessing to our family. My husband passed away in the middle of the school year. the staff was great, caring, compassionate, and above and beyond helpful to our family. whenever they could help our family they did. they brought meals, helped me pack up a house to move, helped my kids get back into school and get caught up, the choir sang at the funeral, the football team helped me move, they made monetary donations to our family, and lunch money was put into our accounts. there were so many acts of blessings that I hard to remember them all. I pray you don't experience a loss like we did but if you do it was the best place for our kids to be.

Posted October 10, 2013

I highly recommend this school. Super nice staff, personable teachers and a great Christian environment. I am well pleased with the way they hold the kids accountable, communicate with the parents, strive for academic excellence and how they teach faith being number one.

Posted October 9, 2013

We have 3 kids currently enrolled at ACS all of which have attended since pre-school. Though every school has their pros and cons, including ACS, we are so thankful that God provided us the ability to send them to ACS vs. public schools. They have and continue to learn great christian character and how to handle adversity. They all play sports and though we do see the favoritism among the athletes, they have been taught great skills that will last them through their lives. Looking back, we would not have made any other choice than to send them to ACS.

Posted October 9, 2013

This is our 8th year at ACS. My daughter is in the 8th grade and son is in the 6th grade. The school has been a tremendous blessing to our family in supporting the Biblical world view embraced in our home and at church. A quality Christian school is the "third leg" of the stool in supporting/reinforcing what is learned at home and at church. There is a tremendous amount of cohesion amongst ACS families; we have a sense of fellowship with other parents and the teachers/coaches. I am pleased that ACS provides very competitive athletic teams along with fine arts, theatre and music programs for our children. Perhaps the greatest confirmation I've experienced over the years are the testimonies of other parents who transferred their children in from other schools to report how challenging the curriculum is and how friendly, caring, supportive the atmosphere of the school is toward them and their child. We are so grateful for ACS and the light it is to the greater Aurora area. I am proud to send my children there.

Posted October 9, 2013

Our daughter, who is in middle school now has been at Aurora Christian School since preschool. We love the academic studies and the Christian atmosphere, however I agree with the previous reviews that there is considerable favoritism shown towards the faculty's children. ACS does it's best to provide a warm, loving environment and our daughter is very happy there.

Posted October 9, 2013

My son attended Aurora Christian pre-K - 7th grade and my daughter is currently attending as a 7th grader and began in pre-K as well. I cannot say enough about the nurturing environment and loving discipline it has provided to me throughout the years. As a widow, having a school that truly cares about my kids both IN and OUTSIDE of the classroom was/is a true blessing!

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Paul House
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2255 Sullivan Road