Aurora, IL

Posted October 08, 2014
Aurora Christian School is an exceptional Christ-centered school. My 4 children have gone through ACS and I can't be more thankful. My children write their bible teacher and thank him for preparing them to speak up for their beliefs in a secular college environment. It's not the children in the school, but the Godly influence of the staff that make it was it is - and it's true. There have been students from families that are not in Christian homes attend ACS and their lives have been changed. They came to know Jesus Christ! No school is perfect, ACS has it's issues. To the parents who've said staff kids have preferential treatment, it's far from the truth. I've known staff kids to be held to the same standards as everyone else. Everyone has to find the right fit and environment for their children, and I believe ACS has been the BEST fit for the largest majority of families that have walked the halls. Give them a try!

Posted July 18, 2014
LOVE THIS SCHOOL! We are so glad we made the switch! The curriculum far exceeds the public schools in the area. Our child went from being bored in school to challenged beyond our expectations. The staff has a great way of pushing each student to his/her highest potential. I would highly recommend ACS for gifted and special needs students alike. No cookie-cutter education. Academics aside, I was nervous for my child to start a new school since I have first hand experience being new as a child, and having a very hard time. The faculty, administration and students were so welcoming I could hardly believe it. My child was immediately given a 'buddy' that rotated throughout the weeks so he could get to know everyone. (this included older students) To this day I frequently see the older students 'high-fiving' the younger students as they pass each other at the end of school. The sense of 'belonging to something greater' is something they should really market. The school is an investment, but the rewards FAR surpassed my expectations.

Posted July 15, 2014
We have witnessed our grandson's development at Aurora Christian for the past two years. We have also attended many school events and met teachers and administrators. Having much experience with both public and other private schools I could not speak more highly of any school than of Aurora Christian. Their focus on academic excellence, Christian values, community citizenship, and the development of children into responsible adults has convinced us our grandson should attend throughout his secondary education (he will be in the fifth grade). They provide an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and growth. When walking through the campus we have been struck by the politeness and kindness of the students and the phenomenon of self discipline which is absent in so many of our schools. Your child will be challenged to grow on many levels at this school, from academics to social development, but he/she will benefit from growth for the rest of their lives. The excellent quality of teachers and administrators is at a level that I recall was the norm when I attended school decades ago. I would highly recommend any parent consider this school for their child.

Aurora Christian Schools 2

Posted July 02, 2014
I really pray this school has changed in the years since I attended. Academics were (are?) subpar, especially in comparison to other private schools in the area. I agree with the above that there is considerable favoritism toward children of staff. I learned little about God's unending love and grace, and instead was made to feel shame and humiliation for poor choices. Children of my own will certainly not attend ACS, and I would encourage any parent to consider other options before choosing ACS.

Aurora Christian Schools 2

Posted February 28, 2014
Aurora Christian has some really great christian teachers. Unfortunately, this is not enough to make up for the fact that the academics are really lacking and this school has a serious bullying problem. The bullying is tolerated because a lot of it comes from the staff's children. I am not sure why they are so weak academically - but their science and math programs will not have kids ready for college, if they wish to go into these fields.

Posted February 08, 2014
I'm not usually one to write reviews but I felt compelled once I heard about this site. If I had to sum up ACS with one word, it would be COMMUNITY. Being a K-12 facility, ACS had created a community where all grades feel apart of a greater "family". The sense of belonging to a greater good is really quiet overwhelming, and frankly, refreshing in today's world. Worth every penny!

Posted February 06, 2014
An unbelievable school! Couldn't feel more blessed to have found it! My son wasn't challenged in the public school system and has flourished at ACS. To say that this school actually "walks the walk" instead of "talking the talk" is an understatement. I am confident every day knowing that when I drop my son off at school, they are going to continue reinforcing the values that I teach him at home. Without sounding ridiculous, ACS has renewed my faith in people...

Aurora Christian Schools 1

Posted February 05, 2014
Never go to aurora christan, first of all the staff a biased towards their own children, students would be leftout by the "popular" kids, academically its fine but a bit behind, there are other private schools that are cheaper but better then aurora christan.

Posted October 28, 2013
My husband and I sent our daughter to Aurora Christian for high school and were very satisfied with her experience there. She went on to the University of Illinois and graduated with a degree in teaching. We are now helping with the tuition for our granddaugher so she can experience a learning environment that has our values and receive and excellent education.

Aurora Christian Schools 4

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is highly student and family oriented. I sent our daughter their and now am helping send a granddaughter. I can see the impact the school has had on their lives.

Aurora Christian Schools
2255 Sullivan Road, Aurora, IL  60506
Last modified Aurora Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Aurora Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top