PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

WOW! We switched from one Montessori school to Fox Valley Montessori this year & we are blown away! Fox Valley has before school care, after school care, organic hot lunch, gym, Spanish, Chess, Robotics, Dance, karate, Creative Crafts, music, summer camp, etc. We did not have any of these things at the last Montessori school, so all of these were a huge benefit for our family. When we pick our kids up from school, we can go home instead of some other place to go to dance, karate, etc. This allows for so much more family time in the evening. Although these things are wonderful, they wouldn't have been enough to lock in our enrollment. Nope, we needed a very strong teacher for one of our children in the area of reading and writing...OH MY...we sure found her (Thanks Mrs. Kathie!) Within the first 2 weeks of school, we saw more improvements in our son's reading and writing than we had the entire year in the last school. AND...it was not forced on him...it is interwoven into his day in a way that is small enough segments that he has been building his confidence in both areas. The good news....Kathie is not at all the only awesome teacher in the school....actually, they are all positively wonderful (I wouldn't believe it either...too good to be true, but believe me, it is true...see for yourself!). I highly recommend this school to anyone in the market. Our children love the school and so do we. I can't say enough about it. The school will accommodate you so you can visit the school, sit in various classrooms and your child(ren) are welcome to visit the class that seems the best fit for them. It doesn't even stop there! The office lady (Lynor) and the head of the school (Denise) are WONDERFUL!!! Each time I go to them with something I think is going to be a problem (ex. need to switch the week I signed up for at summer camp, late signing up for hot lunches, etc), they say - no problem. Seriously, they are so easy going and make things so easy on parents. School decisions are made by the board (parents of children in the school) and there is a parent liaison committee that identifies a point person for each classroom that keeps you up-to-speed on all school, activities, updates, etc. I have not found one single thing I do not like about the school and I am PICKY...ok..it is a long drive for us, but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Bullying is not allowed....no way. They teach children love, gentleness and respect for all people, nature and things.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

They meet the children where they are at and adapt they way they work with each child in a way that works for them.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Very effective! There is a lot of synergy at the school. The support independence as soon as the child is ready for it (and they are usually ready before the parents!)

Develops character: Strongly agree

Strong character is instilled from toddler class through upper elementary...truly in every single class. It is a pillar in Montessori's learning style.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They are awesome....ALL OF THEM!!! I couldn't have hand picked a better group of teachers. They care about your children like they are their own.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

There is homework starting at lower elementary; however, it is a very manageable amount and I have totally seen its benefits in our child's reading/writing skills! Also, it helps them learn responsibility.

Amount of homework: no rating

There is no homework for my kids as they are in Pre-K. They do pretend to bring home work home!

Develops character: Strongly agree

They teach about respect to each other and for caring for one another. They also teach to take responsibility for their actions whether good or bad.

My kids have been going here for a few years, and I highly recommend them. They were in a Daycare before and during parent conference, it was all about how they performed based on where they should be. They were concerned that one of the kids would not sing twinkle twinkle little star. Not everyone is the same and everyone learns at different rates. FVMS gives the child an environment to grow into there own at their own rate. They learn from experience and making their own mistakes while learning to respect each other. Both my kids also tested for public pre-school and were the highest developed tested. We decided to keep the kids at FVMS because they are doing something right. Quick Story - My kids had a birthday party and invited all their friends. 20+ 3-5 year olds in one room at a store. The place where they had their party said it was the best behaved group that they had ever seen. The kids when done eating their cake even cleaned up after themselves. That should speak volumes on how well FVMS has done.

Last modified Fox Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6