Aurora, IL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 25, 2013
My son transferred from public to FVMS and he loves it he is a happy 5th grader the care and attention to his education is great. We have nothing but positive experiences.

Fox Valley Montessori School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
My child attends FVMS in the preschool program. This is our third preschool, so we have experienced what else is out there. This school has so much to offer for children that really need individual attention. Most preschoolers do and the staff is very aware of that. They were so welcoming of our family being new to the Montessori method and the area. Our questions are always answered and we never feel we can't come to a staff member for anything. Montessori schools have a very particular method and they really want you to feel comfortable understanding that, as well as, knowing you are making the right decision for your child and family. We know that their hearts are in it for the children and that assures us this is a wonderful school!

Posted August 14, 2012
My children have attended FVMS for the past 5 years and I feel very fortunate to have found this school. The parents are friendly and involved, the teachers are caring and Montessori trained, and the staff is flexible for working parents. I looked carefully at all of our options and I can definitely say that this was a better choice than any other in our area.

Posted February 13, 2011
I went to the school for almost nine years and I loved every day of it. This is my first year away and it has been a change but I am very glad that so much of my learnign experience is from this school. It has a great learning program, wonderful teachers, and is very safe. You are very socially involved and get one-on-one time with the teacher whenever you need it. The school has taught me many of the main things that I would need to get through life and be able to leave and feel assured that I will make it though whatever I have to inthe future. Fox Valley Montessori is a wonderful school and I would recemend it to anyone that asks.

Fox Valley Montessori School 1

Posted February 26, 2010
I also visited other Montessori schools in the area. I chose Fox Valley Montessori because of the warm welcoming atmosphere. However, this school has some quirks that parents need to be aware of. There is obvious evidence of a leaky roof. My son is constantly being brought to me in the car line with his shoes on the wrong feet. When I brought this up they shrugged it off and said that it was a 'self correcting' situation. I have witnessed a child not more than 3 years old led out to her mother's waiting car with her coat on upside down--in 20 degree weather. The child was too young to realize why her coat did not fit correctly. The result was not self correction, but a cold child. I have also witnessed children working with letter and number works upside down or sideways.

Posted July 04, 2009

Posted April 10, 2009
After a careful review of the area's Montessori schools I found Fox Valley Montessori. A few of the key differences that makes this school stand out from other Montessori and other private schools, is their commitment to ensure that each child's individual needs are met, a commitment to professional excellence for their teachers and staff, and that this is a true school community versus a daycare community. They walk the walk when it comes to adhering to the basic principals of Maria Montessori. My child thrives at this school under the careful guidance from his teacher and asst. teacher. The office staff are always warm and welcoming and are always there to help me.

Posted February 25, 2009
My daughter attends this school and I don't think there is another one around like it. She learns so much every day. I came into observe unscheduled and saw my daughter get more than 30 mins one on one time with the head teacher in the class room because she wasnt interested in running around the gym for too long with the other kids. Her teacher works miracles and somehow convinced her that bottles were for babies and she came home no longer needing it. The communication is a bit strange as I will get invitations for things after they happen but the important stuff is excellent!

Fox Valley Montessori School 0

Posted July 28, 2008
FVMS is a haven for my son in a time of great personal distress in his life. He started the toddler program last year with a very strong head teacher and excellent assistants. He moved up in the second semester to a wonderfull primary teacher. I am overjoyed that this stability will continue in the same class this year. The head teachers are highly trained and hold AMS certification. The assistants are also montessori trained as well. This has made a world of diffrence from the Montessori school he used to attend. The teachers and staff are open to all parental concerns and are lovingly dedicated to their jobs. I can rest easy leaving him there, knowing he is safe and loved. Needless to say, academically and socially he is more advanced than his peers in regular daycare or nanny care. Strong leadership and great team spirit make this school work.

Posted October 29, 2007

Fox Valley Montessori School
850 North Commonwealth Avenue, Aurora, IL  60506
Last modified Fox Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Fox Valley Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top