PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 11, 2015
There is no homework for my kids as they are in Pre-K. They do pretend to bring home work home!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 11, 2015
Without a doubt! Most of the kids are very caring towards one another. It is pretty awesome watching the kids interact with each other.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 11, 2015
They teach about respect to each other and for caring for one another. They also teach to take responsibility for their actions whether good or bad.

Posted December 11, 2015
My kids have been going here for a few years, and I highly recommend them. They were in a Daycare before and during parent conference, it was all about how they performed based on where they should be. They were concerned that one of the kids would not sing twinkle twinkle little star. Not everyone is the same and everyone learns at different rates. FVMS gives the child an environment to grow into there own at their own rate. They learn from experience and making their own mistakes while learning to respect each other. Both my kids also tested for public pre-school and were the highest developed tested. We decided to keep the kids at FVMS because they are doing something right. Quick Story - My kids had a birthday party and invited all their friends. 20+ 3-5 year olds in one room at a store. The place where they had their party said it was the best behaved group that they had ever seen. The kids when done eating their cake even cleaned up after themselves. That should speak volumes on how well FVMS has done.

Posted August 25, 2013
My son transferred from public to FVMS and he loves it he is a happy 5th grader the care and attention to his education is great. We have nothing but positive experiences.

Fox Valley Montessori School 4

Posted May 23, 2013
My child attends FVMS in the preschool program. This is our third preschool, so we have experienced what else is out there. This school has so much to offer for children that really need individual attention. Most preschoolers do and the staff is very aware of that. They were so welcoming of our family being new to the Montessori method and the area. Our questions are always answered and we never feel we can't come to a staff member for anything. Montessori schools have a very particular method and they really want you to feel comfortable understanding that, as well as, knowing you are making the right decision for your child and family. We know that their hearts are in it for the children and that assures us this is a wonderful school!

Posted August 14, 2012
My children have attended FVMS for the past 5 years and I feel very fortunate to have found this school. The parents are friendly and involved, the teachers are caring and Montessori trained, and the staff is flexible for working parents. I looked carefully at all of our options and I can definitely say that this was a better choice than any other in our area.

Posted February 13, 2011
I went to the school for almost nine years and I loved every day of it. This is my first year away and it has been a change but I am very glad that so much of my learnign experience is from this school. It has a great learning program, wonderful teachers, and is very safe. You are very socially involved and get one-on-one time with the teacher whenever you need it. The school has taught me many of the main things that I would need to get through life and be able to leave and feel assured that I will make it though whatever I have to inthe future. Fox Valley Montessori is a wonderful school and I would recemend it to anyone that asks.

Fox Valley Montessori School 1

Posted February 26, 2010
I also visited other Montessori schools in the area. I chose Fox Valley Montessori because of the warm welcoming atmosphere. However, this school has some quirks that parents need to be aware of. There is obvious evidence of a leaky roof. My son is constantly being brought to me in the car line with his shoes on the wrong feet. When I brought this up they shrugged it off and said that it was a 'self correcting' situation. I have witnessed a child not more than 3 years old led out to her mother's waiting car with her coat on upside down--in 20 degree weather. The child was too young to realize why her coat did not fit correctly. The result was not self correction, but a cold child. I have also witnessed children working with letter and number works upside down or sideways.

Posted April 10, 2009
After a careful review of the area's Montessori schools I found Fox Valley Montessori. A few of the key differences that makes this school stand out from other Montessori and other private schools, is their commitment to ensure that each child's individual needs are met, a commitment to professional excellence for their teachers and staff, and that this is a true school community versus a daycare community. They walk the walk when it comes to adhering to the basic principals of Maria Montessori. My child thrives at this school under the careful guidance from his teacher and asst. teacher. The office staff are always warm and welcoming and are always there to help me.

850 North Commonwealth Avenue, Aurora, IL  60506
Last modified Fox Valley Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6