Aurora, IL

Posted October 02, 2014
Our children have had a wonderful experience at this school. Both the classroom teachers and "specials" teachers are outstanding and communicate well with parents. The kids pick up on their collective enthusiasm, which creates a great learning environment. The principal is quite accessible and a good leader. I can't say enough good things. As for 5th graders lunch period or the cafeteria as mentioned previously,..please...see what it's like at your "new" school.

The Wheatlands Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2014
HORRIBLE. Just HORRIBLE. If you haven't already, smell the cafeteria! It smells like a dump! And the poor 5th graders only get their lunch at 12:40-1:00! What kind of school does this to kids?!? The teachers, especially the art teacher, are so lackadaisical! All this school teaches is how to do well on ISATS. I saw that the teachers would yell "VOICES OFF (insert grade level here) " when the kids wouldn't even talk! The music teacher here is all play and no work. How sad. We have had a few good teachers here. I am glad that we are moving out of District #308.

Posted August 08, 2014
I have had three kids attend The Wheatlands. They have had excellent teachers and all have been prepared for junior high. They have nice friends and I've met many nice parents. They welcome parent involvement, both in the classroom as well as in the PTA activities. They value art and music, and the PE teachers care about the overall health of the students.

Posted October 04, 2010
it's a great school ,excellent arrangements,and profisional managment.teachers are involved,and the secretary service it's just perfect

Posted July 20, 2010
We could not be any happier with this school. The principal and teachers are great! My daughter absolutely loves it!

Posted March 15, 2009
This school is great. I love the teachers and staff.

The Wheatlands Elementary School 0

Posted January 31, 2008
This is a wonderful school. Starting with the principal and the teachers and including the secretaries. Everyone is very helpful and professional.

Posted October 16, 2006
We have had at least one child at this school since the first day and have loved it.

The Wheatlands Elementary School 4

Posted December 03, 2005
- a former student

The Wheatlands Elementary School 4

Posted September 22, 2005
We moved mid year, my daughter started K, the school, teachers, and parents were all wonderful and welcoming. My son started school the next year, I then had two children in school and felt super about the education and care that was being taught and given. Super library/reading center! Great GYM. suuper playground!

The Wheatlands Elementary School
2290 Barrington Dr, Aurora, IL  60503
Last modified The Wheatlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Wheatlands Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top