Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great Chinese Immersion Program offered in the Barrington school district. Countryside Elementary hosts a few grade levels in that program. It is truly amazing to see how much those children learn not just in their regular subjects, like English and Math, but Chinese as well. Teachers are very in tune with their students' progress and keep the parents in the loop.

We have been at Countryside for 3 years and the experience has been amazing! The staff is kind, caring and holds students to the highest standards! We couldn't be happier!

Countryside has awesome teachers and staff! They care so much about the students and give them all the personal attention they deserve!

Countryside is an amazing school with amazing support from the parents and the community. The class sizes are small and so each child has more individual attention and instruction. In addition, many children have extra literacy and math instruction from the extended and specialized teaching staff. I believe this is one of the few school districts remaining that have an active gifted program and the only public school with an active Mandarin immersion program. Most importantly, our children are happy to go to school each day and they get off the bus with smiles on their faces. We are very happy to be at Countryside.

We recently moved to the area from Chicago and have been so thoroughly impressed with the school! Our son's teacher is excellent, the school environment is safe an welcoming and the facilities are spectacular. I would have loved to attend school in such an idyllic setting! My son will joining the Chinese immersion program currently being offered at the school, which gets great feedback from existing students and parents. We could not be more pleased with the school and the education it is providing our son. We plan to stay here and send our other child to this school as well. As a parent who always attended private Catholic schools I must say I am very much impressed by District 220 and think that they offer so much more than what any private school could offer. They very much have their eye on the ball and basically all the schools in the district are excellent.

I have two students that attend this school. All the teachers & staff so far have been excellent! My son is very gifted and both teachers he has had have given him extra/harder things to challenge him. This school has the best teaching tools, computers, etc. The new prinicipal is very approachable & enthusiastic, nurse is great, and the building itself is very nice. Kids love the playgrounds!

My child is currently in fourth grade and finds all the teachers to be positively rewarding. His teacher challenges him and makes learning enjoyable. He loves going to school each day and has grown so much since the beginning of the year. Overall the staff and building are out of this world!

My child find the classes more relaxed at Countryside than at his/her previous school-He/she finds the work to be non-challenging- While I really like his/her teacher, I am not impressed by the 5th grade curriculum.

My child has had an overall good experience here. I am glad we are now in middle school, but besides that one year, and all the damage done, Countryside was a positive experience

Last modified Countryside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.