Posted August 27, 2014
Countryside is an amazing school with amazing support from the parents and the community. The class sizes are small and so each child has more individual attention and instruction. In addition, many children have extra literacy and math instruction from the extended and specialized teaching staff. I believe this is one of the few school districts remaining that have an active gifted program and the only public school with an active Mandarin immersion program. Most importantly, our children are happy to go to school each day and they get off the bus with smiles on their faces. We are very happy to be at Countryside.

Posted May 30, 2013
We recently moved to the area from Chicago and have been so thoroughly impressed with the school! Our son's teacher is excellent, the school environment is safe an welcoming and the facilities are spectacular. I would have loved to attend school in such an idyllic setting! My son will joining the Chinese immersion program currently being offered at the school, which gets great feedback from existing students and parents. We could not be more pleased with the school and the education it is providing our son. We plan to stay here and send our other child to this school as well. As a parent who always attended private Catholic schools I must say I am very much impressed by District 220 and think that they offer so much more than what any private school could offer. They very much have their eye on the ball and basically all the schools in the district are excellent.

Posted January 11, 2013
I have two students that attend this school. All the teachers & staff so far have been excellent! My son is very gifted and both teachers he has had have given him extra/harder things to challenge him. This school has the best teaching tools, computers, etc. The new prinicipal is very approachable & enthusiastic, nurse is great, and the building itself is very nice. Kids love the playgrounds!

Countryside Elementary School 0

Posted November 20, 2007
My child is currently in fourth grade and finds all the teachers to be positively rewarding. His teacher challenges him and makes learning enjoyable. He loves going to school each day and has grown so much since the beginning of the year. Overall the staff and building are out of this world!

Countryside Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2007
My child find the classes more relaxed at Countryside than at his/her previous school-He/she finds the work to be non-challenging- While I really like his/her teacher, I am not impressed by the 5th grade curriculum.

Countryside Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2007
My child has had an overall good experience here. I am glad we are now in middle school, but besides that one year, and all the damage done, Countryside was a positive experience

Countryside Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2006
My son has attended this school for 2 years, 4th & 5th grades. We have been a corporate re-lo family, so the starting over process is not new to us. The school has a motivated & enthusiastic principal at the helm. His commitment to the children filters through into the classroom. You can look at test scores & the school measures up quite well. My son was inspired daily. His 4th grade teacher saw potential in the creative side of my son. She maximized that and helped him use it to his benifit. She stayed in close contact with me as we watched my son explode in the areas of English and Liturature. He has developed a love of writting fiction, and a love of learning. I give this school a big thumbs up.

Countryside Elementary School 3

Posted November 14, 2005
Our son is attending a 5-year-old program at Countryside. The school is quite large with 3 playgrounds and an area for soccer. The parking is lacking, in that when you drop or pick up your child many parents have to park on County Line Road, which is a major thorough fare. The library is our son's favorite room. While the teachers are very good with all of the children, the rooms are almost too large, which sounds strange. However, a child needs guidelines and the children have few to follow, save for circle time and snack time. My son has changed since attending Countryside, he is not as gregarious or happy go lucky as he was last year while attending Woodland Elementary. Curious considering that they do not have air conditioning and no designated areas for soccer. Perhaps less is more? Time will tell.

Countryside Elementary School 0

Posted January 29, 2005
until this year thought the school and staff were great. What a difference one teacher can make! We are very disappointed in the quality of my child's current teacher. Grading is not being done, and the children are constantly being humiliated in front of classmates for low grades, missed homework, etc. We are used to a strong parental involvement at this school, and this is currently being discouraged. Many parents have gone to the principal, with little or no results. We will not be sending the rest of our children here.

Posted July 31, 2004
Strong parental involvement coupled with an excellent staff make Countryside a wonderful school. The students and staff are lucky to have a beautiful new building with ample room and resources to encourage student growth and development. We have enjoyed each teacher and consider our children lucky to be part of such a strong and respected school.

Countryside Elementary School
205 West County Line Road, Barrington, IL  60010
Last modified Countryside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Countryside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top