Barrington, IL

Posted September 26, 2014
School actually has improved quite a bit. First of all we finally got a new principal. He is more structured , friendly and easy going. We also have quite a few new teachers and that makes class size smaller. My child tells me how much he is enjoying going to school and how much he is learning in North Barrington Elementary and that I feel is a great accomplishment. I personally love Barrington and believe this school is top rated school in Illinois and I feel good about sending my child there

Posted June 11, 2014
Beware incoming kindergarteners! Chinese Immersion will be starting at NBS 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. Your kindergartener will be taught of the time by an English speaking teacher and of the time by a teacher where English is their second language (Mandarin is their first). Although you do not sign up for the Chinese Immersion program, your little one will have the same teacher. Good luck working with the principal you won t get any answers from her. The district is behind this program -- so, you won't have any luck with them either. Suggest reaching out to parents from other schools that ran into same issue.

Posted January 23, 2014
Worst school for discipline. Clacess are filled with autistic students and mentally ill among the normal kids. Principal wont do nothing about it. Have had trouble for 3 years already and I feel like principal sweeps everything under the rug. The mentally ill kids they bring to interact with normal kids disrupts the class severely from vulgar outbursts to just misbehaving. Some parents already brought up this as a concern in front of the board but so far nothing has been done. Good luck getting through to the principal that cares less about our kids and more about her paycheck.

Posted August 29, 2013
Top rate teachers. North Barrington Elementary school provides a quality education in a safe and healthy environment.

Posted May 28, 2013
The school is outstanding. My child has had three amazing years with outstanding teachers and one so-so first year teacher. Concerns about that first-year teacher were addressed by coaching and mentoring to make her better. Improvement was made, but not to the outstanding level we have come to expect. That was a good example of a reasoned response to the parent's voice. The dual language program is very effective. My child is as comfortable talking to kids or adults in Spanish or English and switches languages with ease. My child is completely fluent and reading above grade level in Spanish and English. It is a very well designed program and one of the reasons we moved to the district. I did the research on dual language and the program before we moved. The gifted program is also great; my child has made amazing leaps since entering the program. In reading some of the negative comments and the way were written, I am not sure if they will be happy anywhere. My experiences with any issue raised with the school or teacher is that were addressed quickly and intelligently. While I may not have agreed 100% with them, we were never far apart. Great School.

Posted January 26, 2013
I have 3 children that have attended NBS from Kindergarten through 5th grade. This is a wonderful community school. Parent involvement is overwhelming and positive. My wife and I volunteer regularly and frequently run into other parents at the school doing the same. The generousity of many families who donate resources to the school (i.e. every single classroom has a Smartboard) also adds to the overally environment of excellence. I am proud to say my kids go to North Barrington Elementary School. Go Colts!

Posted December 28, 2012
We are very pleased with the 220 district I have a high schooler, middle schooler and 2 at NBS . At NBS starts the solid foundation of excellence forming great study habits & excitement Thor learning -

North Barrington Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2012
Just started with the school and the Kindergarten teacher is great! I can not speak so highly of the principle. Overall the school seems great and I was very excited to have my son go there until I found out one day that the class was unattended for some time. I addressed the issue with the teacher and the principle and the teacher handled the situation promptly and professionally. The principle, on the other hand, tried to sugarcoat the situation and act as though it was not a big deal. The safety of our children is a huge deal!

Posted May 24, 2012
North Barrington, as evidenced by the overwhelming community approval, middle- and high school preparedness and test scores, is an outstanding school. My daughter has attended schools in nationally ranked districts outside of Illinois and NBS is on par with those schools in terms of opportunities, services and curriculum. It seems as though there is a very small, loud group of parents who are unhappy that students from the lower income sections of the district are getting the opportunity to join our school community. I hope that those few squeaky wheels won't deter families considering NBS.

Posted March 11, 2012
Absolutely the worst school to send your child to. Overcrowding in classrooms is causing lack of attention to students. Principals concept on bullying is delusional. Her Boys will be boys attitude on bullying makes me think that she actually supports this type of activity. We all want safety for our children and I just don't feel safe sending my child there. Also cleaning up the school and practicing safe hygeine is not number one on schools priority. Some teachers are great but some teachers need to be let go with their principal. Do some research before sending your child there.

North Barrington Elementary School
310 Illinois 59, Barrington, IL  60010
Last modified North Barrington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Barrington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top