Bad
Good

Posted May 31, 2014
Grove School is nothing short of FABULOUS! I love Dr K .she is a true definition of what leadership in a school should be. She treats EVERY child as an individual and genuinely cares for each and every one of them. The teachers are all wonderful as well. They all go far over and beyond the duties of any teacher my kids have ever had. Altho my child only attended here one year, I have to say it was by far his BEST year he's had in the last 6 years combined. Thanks to Dr K and all fantastic teachers there for making his 5th grade year a very positive and memorable one. My son always told me he hated school, it broke my heart! Mid way through his 5th grade year, he told me he LOVES school ..and he improved so much in all academic areas! It doesn't get better than that!! One special mention: At the 5th grade graduation ceremony last year, EVERY child was mentioned AND presented with a certificate for what they did well. Not just the "scholar kids" like they do at most schools. Way to go Grove School!!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
Grove Avenue school so far has been excellent. My child has turned out to be more social, has more confidence, and is doing great at academics too. We moved to the area for the schools and we are glad to have taken the decision.

Posted January 28, 2013
We love Grove. Dr. K is a powerhouse! They have a strong program from the District, which is supplemented so that all students are challenged. It's a great place for your child, not only for the rigorous academics, but the caring atmosphere. It's a great place for your child. Exactly what a quality public school experience should be.

Posted January 25, 2012
Grove Avenue School is the best. We entered Grove from a private school specializing in gifted children and I am so glad we did! We have had an excellent experience at Grove. Dr. K and her staff are awesome. They are caring, responsive, and energetic. Not only are the academics strong, but also the importance of teaching the whole child. My kids are challenged and encouraged to do their best everyday, in a very positive environment. Thank you Grove!

Posted May 15, 2011
High standards, work-hard, play-hard attitude,dedicated, compassionate teachers, amazing supportive parents, huge playing fields, healthy lunches, tons of clubs, activities, and service-learning, diverse population, incredible special services, all coordinated by a principal who cares about each child and appreciates them for who they are. The BEST school!

Posted April 08, 2010
I've been a parent of 2 children who attended Grove for a total of 6 years. What an extremely wonderful school with a top knotch leader (Dr. K). She knows every child by name and knows them as individuals. She builds such great confidence in them. The teachers are number 1. They show great interest in the children and build such great esteem. I am so glad my children attended this grade school compared to the others and my children love to go back, now that they've left, to see the teachers and principal and they are always warmly welcomed as if they never left. Thanks Grove Avenue School for being the awesome school you are.

Posted January 31, 2010
I have a child at BHS that attended Grove and a second grader at Grove. They both love Grove. My high schooler was so excited to help at the annual Grove carnival and always loves to stop by and see her old teachers. Grove provides a great education but also creates great little people who care about the world and their community. Dr K is a real asset to the school!

Posted November 19, 2009
Grove Ave School is fabulous and it all starts with Dr. K. She is a wonderful principal who cares deeply for every child. We were at another school within the district and moved to Grove. We did not know what were missing, until we started our experience at Grove. There is a strong community feel at the school, that gives a sense of pride to each student. As a parent, I could not have hoped for a better elementary education experience for my children.

Grove Avenue Elementary School 3

Posted March 12, 2009
I give this school five stars for parent involvement. I believe the prinicipal is creating little Grove robots at the school. If your child does not want to fit within that cookie cutter of her plan than this school is not for you. The principal is more interested in obtaining awards than respecting a child's individuality. This attitude filters down to the students and creates an environment of intolerance. There are a handful of teachers who are afraid of her who are in her command and are afraid to voice their opinion. There are also a number of teachers who repect a child's individuality. She has been the prinicipal for a number of years and isn't open to progress in the education field.

Posted November 15, 2005
This school is excellent. The amount of parental involvement is outstanding..along with whole school involvement in fundraisers etc. The school even hosts it's own carnival every year. They also do other really fun school wide events like taking the whole school to see the play 'Cinderella' on the day before Christmas break. The Kindergarten students are already doing phonics and learning how to read and write. I am blown away by how awesome this school is. My child is very happy here.

Grove Avenue Elementary School
900 South Grove Ave, Barrington, IL  60010
Last modified Grove Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.