No rating

St Anne School

Private | PK-8 | 424 students

Living in Barrington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $465,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,000.

Posted January 25, 2014

We initially enrolled out son at St. Anne's school because at the age of 4 we thought he would be in a better learning environment than at the daycare facility he attended. Not only were we correct in that assumption, but were beyond pleased at the level of learning and instruction he received there. Mrs. Siggeman is great and so is Mrs. Such. The environment in the entire school is warm and inviting and we would highly recommend St. Anne's to any parent. We truly feel that our son has head start on learning from his time at St. Anne's school. Brian

Posted January 15, 2012

During 2011, we visited many schools in the area. After much consideration, we switched our daughter from the public schools and it has made a big difference. Our daughter is getting a well-rounded education in an environment where children are truly loved and respected (and are expected to reciprocate and display these qualities to others). The academics at the school are stellar and well-balanced. By this we mean that in addition to reading, grammar, spelling, math, social studies, and science each day, the students also have 2 periods a day where they have art, music, gym, library or computers. Our daughter scores very high in national testing but has been completely challenged in her daily work. The staff and administration really work with parents to ensure that children are challenged and supported in the ways needed. The after-school programs provide a fantastic mix of sports, language and intellectual workshops allowing for students to gain new skills and enrichment. This is a National Blue Ribbon School, one of the few private schools in the State that has received such an award, and when you go there, you'll see why!

Posted September 6, 2011

The best thing about this school is the teachers. The teachers at St. Anne work so hard to give the kids the best education they can get. It is a great thing to see teachers who care about their students so much. - Mark

Posted August 18, 2011

I love St. Anne for the staff and the courses. Its been a great experience sending my children here (we have 3 enrolled). We love the teachers, the safe environment, and the amazing faith based learning. It's great for us and our family. - Lisa

Posted June 10, 2011

I can't say enough good things about St. Anne's Catholic School! There always seems to be definite access to the teachers, staff and even the principal. If I have any questions regarding the school, academics or my son they respond very quickly to emails & phone calls. They challenge the students academically and they are exceeding the level of work that most kids can do in the public schools around us. They are being taught well in advance of what their years are. They also offer great extra-curricular activities. My son has been there for 3 years now and he really enjoys it! -KD

Posted April 11, 2011

I have 2 children attending St. Anne's School, one in 4th grade and one in 5th. I appreciate that it's a very safe and loving environment for my children to go to everyday. They have good communication with the parents and I'm very pleased with their teachers. -Colleen S

Posted February 23, 2011

St. Anne School has been a great part in the development of our children. They are challenged each and every day from some of the top faculty and staff in the district. There is a special feeling of "community and family" everytime we walk through the doors. A special "thank you" goes out to all who have made St. Anne such a wonderful place to send our children. - Todd

Posted January 6, 2011

I graduated from St Annes in 1967. First and second grades in the old school which is long since torn down. The rest in the existing building. I have so many good memories I cannot begin to share them here. They shaped my life in such a great way. I entered High School at BCHS way ahead of the public school kids and was in advanced classes all the way through public high school in math and science. It wasn't whether or not I'd go to the university, but which one I'd go to. I hope that this is still true. It was a great school for me. I hope it will be as great for all children there going forward.

Posted October 13, 2010

St Anne is a great school. The only negative is that their is no diversity so if you are hispanic, asian, african america, etc. you may feel out of place.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted September 19, 2009

St Anne school has a very family-oriented and loving enviornment. They instill values and beliefs on a daily basis. The teachers are amazing and truly care for all students. I am blessed to be a part of this fabulous schooL!!

Posted May 17, 2009

Nothing but good experience. Kid's have placed into great high schools at honors levels.

Posted April 24, 2009

St Anne is a great school period. The principal, the teachers and the Catholic community encourage students to love learning, be a part of the community and it's Blue Ribbon status means this school rates in the top 10% in the nation for test scores, not just Illinois. We are so happy with the school, with the curriculum and the atmosphere. I am sure there are cliques at every school, but with small class sizes you get to know every parent, teacher and administrator at the school and your child feels a part of the school, not just as one of many. The values along with the education cannot be beat by any public school in Barrington. And how nice to be able to celebrate Christmas, Easter and talk about God and morals in school. We just love it!!! Donna

Posted June 9, 2008

Academically, you could not ask for a better school. The school is a Blue Ribbon School, which places it in the top schools in Illinois,with even better test scores than the Barrington public school down the block from us. The teachers are also qualified and caring, as is the staff.The one main reason that I have, as well as others, considered leaving is because of self righteous, overly judgmental, clickish parents who completely control their children's friendships and think their kids are better than yours when they are all human. If you are not part of the elite crowd, then your child isn't included in playdates/parties, even if their child likes yours.If parents would practice what the Church preaches regarding loving one another for who they are, not for $$, the school would be A+. There's something wrong when a smart, fun child has more friends outside school than in.

Posted December 1, 2007

My daughters went to St. Anne for K to 6. This is a superior start to getting education above the neck without competition for clothing, and material goods. One is an Ivy school graduate now, another is in graduate school now. Both learned life long learnings which I doubt they could have obtained through CCD.

Posted March 11, 2006

My family has been a part of St.Anne Catholic School for more than 9 years. We have 4 years and have been extremely pleased with the quality of education provided at SAS. Next year our daughter is entering a catholic high school enrolled in at least 2 honors classes. The faith based education provided by caring committed teachers is outstanding. Computer, art, spanish and music are part of the everyday curriculum. Other extra curriculars include sports, beginning in 5th grade, band, chessclub, theater and spelling and geopraghy bees. Although every community has its flaws, our general experience at SAS has been extremely positive and we find it to be a warm welcoming community both for us and our 4 children.

Posted August 31, 2003

I am a graduate of Saint Anne's. It is a great school. The teachers are so fun and willing to help out. We don't have very many extra-curricular activities. The school is very nice and inviting. I love the middle school teachers- Mrs. Zimmerman, Blake, Krystyn, Leigh, Lee, and Flessor! I love Miss Lavin! You guys prepared me for highschool and made me the person I am today. I truly love the middleschool teachers, there are truly no better out there!
—Submitted by a former student

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Dawn Kapka
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Chicago

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

319 Franklin Street