Batavia, IL

Posted June 18, 2014
3 of my 4 children have attended Gustafson. During our time there my children have benefited from some good teachers. In particular this year my son had a great teacher, Mr Steve Cronin. Mr. Cronin connected with my son and adapted his teaching style to my son's learning style. My son loved the 2nd Grade. I witnessed Mr. Cronin's rapport with his class while volunteering in the school. In summary, Mr. Cronin is an excellent teacher and is just one of several good teachers my children have encountered at Gustafson.

Posted March 08, 2014
My 5th grade daughter is excited to go to AGS each day! Each student in her class has an iPad available for learning activities. The students and staff are friendly and helpful, especially her teacher, Mrs. C.

Posted February 21, 2013
Teachers go out of there way everyday to provide an exceptional learning environment for students

Posted April 19, 2011
This is an excellent school with the best teachers. My daughters were very well prepared for middle school, and thoroughly enjoyed their time in school. I especially appreciated them learning a second language as part of the curriculum all the way through elementary, it prepared them well for further learning. All of this in a warm caring atmosphere!

Posted April 09, 2011
Alice Gustafson School is one of the best in Batavia! My children's teachers have differentiated the curriculum to meet the needs of my children and they have excelled. The PTO is very active and fundraises with family friendly activities. The teachers at AGS care about kids.

Alice Gustafson Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2010
Horrible Cold learning environment. understaffed, overpopulated. Not a smile to be seen anywhere. staff and children are miserable. Inexperienced teachers.

Posted April 16, 2010
It is diverse, happy, hardworking student-centered school

Posted September 19, 2009
AGS has teachers who really care about the students. The community is caring, supportive and nurturing -- helping each child achieve their full potential~

Posted September 15, 2007
Love this school. Our daughter is in the PRE K program there. She is starting her first full year now and she simply loves all of her teachers, the teachers helpers, and therapists. They are so kind to her. But she has learned so much in such a short time. We are so excited to see how she will progress at the end of the school year. A++ To this school and all of the staff.

Posted November 15, 2006
My 3rd grade son has been well cared for and nurtured by his teachers since he began at AGS in 1st grade. The school principal, his teachers, the social worker and every person involved in his education have been generous with their time and talent beyond their duty and beyond belief. Bravo to this fine institution.

905 Carlisle Road, Batavia, IL  60510
Last modified Alice Gustafson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alice Gustafson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top