Bad
Good

We moved to Batavia because we were told Batavia has excellent school. Not so. Do your due diligence. Bullying, drugs and the good kids pay the price. Find another district or go private. This really is a terrible place to send your children.

Don't believe everything you read about Rotolo here. Dig further on the web to find out more. As for our experience, we've had two children attend Rotolo and I can't imagine anyone submitting a 5 star review for this school unless they had special interests in doing so. Rotolo is clearly out of touch with what's happening with their students and their behavior. Glaring examples range from the student bully culture, which is widespread (whether on the busses, in the halls, PE or elsewhere), drugs being offered to students by other students, and the filth that comes out their mouths at times is nothing less than sexual harassment. This school sorely needs programs in place to get these kids to elevate themselves into a state of respecting themselves and others. Further, anything we've seen Rotolo do in that regard has been reactionary. That is to say, they let things get out of control and ONLY THEN do they implement policies to avoid future occurrences. Things that anyone with basic management skills should be able to get ahead of. Avoid Rotolo if possible.

This school is fantastic! When I was in 1-5th grade I was having a terrible time. But, when I got to Rotolo I was and am so happy! I love it at Rotolo! The food is good, the teachers are so kind, and the learning experience is life changing. There is not a dull moment at Rotolo. I've made some of the most amazing friends here, and I have really been learning a lot more then when I was in 5th grade. I just really enjoy Rotolo middle school

The Office for Civil Rights in Chicago would like to hear about accommodations not being followed. I had three children go through Rotolo. The oldest, who was in counseling by 8th grade, was told he was not honors material at High School transition (without explanation). The middle child's reading comprehension regressed at Rotolo and is many years below grade level. The youngest child tested into Algebra I in 6th grade at Northwestern U., but was deemed unfit for challenge Math because MAP scores weren't high enough! Go private, or get in front of the school board to voice concerns.

Rotolo middle school is a great school and does a great job at acclimating the 6th graders.

This school is amazing. I can't believe how lucky I am to go here. My friends are amazing, the teachers are fun and really motivate you to go furthur into your work. Math is not one of my best subjects, but with the help of my 6th grade math teacher, Mrs. Snell, I have been able to get a really good grade in it! I can't wait for 7th grade this year.

Worst school I've ever seen. The kids are horrible, rude, and morbid to eachother. Going there made me not want to live for a while. I was hospitalized for a while because of an other student. Bullying is out of control.

The teachers I have come across at RMS have gone out of their way to help my daughter, offering before school tutoring, lunch-time homework club and lots of email communication to me when work hasn't been handed in on time or is incomplete. RMS is a big middle school with all the advantages that come along with it, including lots of elective subjects and after-school clubs. However, by having separate wings for each grade, and then splitting each grade into smaller teams, the students & parents benefit from the personal touch of a smaller school.

Rotolo Middle School formerly Batavia Middle School does not have a safe, encouraging or kind atmosphere. That perpetuates within the student population as the kids tend to be mean, judgmental, and verbally abusive in the worst way. This school is a great grooming facility for future bullies. Some of the teachers are really good, but some are sub-standard.

I love this school I went here for 3 years and loved every year of it. The teachers are great and everyone is so kind there.

Last modified Sam Rotolo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.