Batavia, IL

Posted October 16, 2014
I moved to Batavia for affordable housing and consistently outstanding schools. We love LW. My son has ADD and they have been wonderful helping put an idea team in place to help my son. Dr. Skomer is wonderful and is such a balanced and wise principal. He has great ideas and goes above and beyond to help. Ms. Consiglio, Audrey Slana, Ms. Maak, Joyce Elliott, Ms. Fertig---these ladies are all over the top wonderful educators and helpers.

Posted August 25, 2013
Despite having pared essentials like music and art to the bone, our District and new principal have adapted to stagnant budgets in light of an increased student census. Each grade has at least 2 highly qualified and desirable teachers. Our school is safe and clean, the staff seem to know everyone by name, and respect & hard work are clearly the expectations from day one. The student to teacher ratio is waaaay higher than posted. It is between 22-30 to 1 teacher across most grades. This has increased every year since 2006 and shows no signs of abating. However, the PTO and Scouts, for example, provide myriad ways for everyone to stay connected such that students receive a rich and thoughtful daily experience despite the crowding. The parental involvement is reliable and visible, and is matched by the community's involvement in terms of event support and donations. The District as a whole has numerous communication channels so we can all keep up with events, alerts, and other calendar items. Food service at the elementary schools has always been the $2.20 weak spot, despite having 3 vendors in 5 years. Pack a lunch.

Posted May 01, 2013
I am the grandfather of a first grade girl attending Louise White Elementary School in Batavia, IL. My daughter and son-in-law have made a number of favorable comments about the personal attention their third and first grader have had but the one concrete example I can offer happened last month. I asked my granddaughter (1st grade) "what she learned at school this year?". She said she learned to recite the names of all the Presidents since Washington. I was astonished that she did recite all 44 names in chronological order...amazing, she's 6 years old! When I asked how she learned to do that, she responded that ALL the children in her class can do that. They practice every day on this "memorization" project. My congratulations to both the teacher and the principal---a strong beginning to the school's curriculum. Her older brother (3rd Grade) also tested into a higher Math group...a good indication that students are treated as individuals and challenged based on their abilities...again, a positive sign on the educational standards

Posted March 08, 2013
We absolutely LOVE this school & so do our kids! We have a new principal this year and he is very visible with strong leadership and communication with the parents. Mr. Skomer is always involved in school and after-school/PTO activities... much different and more involved than the last principal. Teachers go above and beyond to care and teach the children at their level, whether they are excelling or need additional instruction (we have both types of students) - they bend over backwards! We've also moved around the country and find it amazing that this school is only rated a 7 (used to live in VA, MT, NV) as the education our children are receiving here in IL and at this school is far greater than that of other schools we've attended. The school participates in a Math Challenge program moving students a whole grade forward if needed, there are lots of reading incentives for the students, including an after-school reading program. The ladies in the front office are AMAZING - knew each child by name after our first visit. Our kids (and us) are making life-long friendships at this school! No school is perfect, but our kids are getting a superb education & go to school happy!

Posted August 04, 2011
Are there any current reviews about Louise White School? The great info about this school is 5 - 8 years old now.? Undecided Mom in Batavia?

Louise White Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2008

Posted October 26, 2007
Mrs. Whyte, the principal, is exceptional! She is a strong leader who is also loving and kind.

Louise White Elementary School 4

Posted November 25, 2006
My child has attended Louise White School for five years. Teacher and academic quality are fine. The principal seems to really care about the children and follows up on problems. ONLY DRAWBACK: a number of teachers, lunch personnel, misc. staff don't care about kids as people and often don't follow the 'character counts' program they teach. If you have a sensitive child, he/she will be well-taught, but may be unhappy with treatment. The teaching seems primarily geared toward passing state tests (which they exceed) and thus there is little creativity outside of a solid academic program. ONE STANDOUT: Mrs. Legner, the art teacher is exceptional: she's been named Illinois Art Educator of the Year.

Posted October 07, 2006
I am a former elementary school teacher and have lived in 7 states. I have to say Louise White is superior to any school I have ever seen. Mrs. Sullivan, a kindergarten teacher, is by far the most patient, loving teacher around. I have four children and have been impressed by all of their teachers. I will be very sad to move to another state as I know my children's new school will be inferior compared to Louise.

Posted May 11, 2006

Louise White Elementary School
800 N Prairie St, Batavia, IL  60510
Last modified Louise White Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louise White Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top