Belleville, IL

Posted December 13, 2014
A wonderful school with great teachers and administration. The Character Education program addresses behavior so all students can succeed academically.

Posted May 17, 2014
My son attends Ellis through the Early Childhood Education program (just this semester, they started integrating with the regular Pre-K for part of the day, which is all "at-risk" kids - mainly low income, which we technically are as well). He loves his teacher and has made several friends in his class. The teacher is always prompt in responding to my sometimes numerous emails, and is more than happy to do so, even if I emailed her every day (which, at the beginning, I was). The couple of times there's been an incident at school where my son has been hit or something, Lisa has emailed me about it to explain the situation, and she and her team have always handled those situations well. A bus comes to the front door of each ECE kid, no matter distance, and while we like Miss E better, the regular, Miss J, is good too. There's a sub driver sometimes who is TERRIBLE (she let my 3-year-old son run around on the bus while it was in motion, and I called the Transportation office to file a complaint), but luckily she only drives maybe twice a month. The school has excellent security, and Principal D is great. Even the ECE kids (3-5yo) have to abide by the uniform dress code.

Posted May 13, 2014
My son is in second grade and I am amazed how much I love this school. Everyone knows each other as if a small town school, it is absolutely wonderful

Posted September 23, 2013
My son just started here and let me say, I Love this School! His teacher is absolutely AMAZING!!!! My kiddo had to move to a different time for p/u and the the guy at the bus garage knew who, what, when, where, and why. Im thoroughly impressed after I was thinking I would have to explain everything to him. Cant wait for my youngest to start here!!!

Posted June 28, 2013
My son will be starting at Ellis this year, and my daughter is going into second grade. She loves this school!

Posted August 24, 2012
I have 2 sons that attend Ellis (2nd and 4th grade) and we are more than happy. The teachers are phenomenal. We have been happy with every teacher my sons have had and the high emphasis on education and character is wonderful.

Ellis Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2011
I attended this school and almost lost my love of learning. I saw a teacher snack a student with a book to the back of his head. It was so hard, his glasses fell off. I told my mother and she spoke to the principal. The teacher, to my knowledge, was not reprimanded. I was terrified. I moved to a different classroom so I would not have to see that teacher any longer. I do not care what the child did (he was difficult), no teacher should strike a child. Not one who continues to teach, in my opinion.

Posted August 16, 2005
My son and daughter go to this school and they really like it. I beleive this school has help them alot with learning and is working with my son more because he needs more help than my daughter. Mr. Romine is a really great teacher and appraises your kid when they need to he helped build my daughters self esteem up and i am really greatful for that. my daughter was reconized as a student of the month and this is the first school that really got the parents involved and i like that alot. they had us right words of encouragement when they had a big test and ask that we express how proud we are of our kids and i think some parents cant show there kids that in person but when they read it it really lights up there day thank you for the good school.

Posted May 05, 2005
My son is in kindergarten, and I love the location of the school! The teachers are great as well as the principal. Only two small complaints: my biggest problem is the whole bus situation, drivers, pick-ups and drop-offs, the location of bus stop-instead of in front of the house and the second complaint is no supervision at lunch time, I have been there several times and notice that out of five/six tables full of kindergarteners, that only a few of them eat their lunch or any part of it. They get to go to recess as soon as they are finished. I seen at least 10 kids from my son's class pick up their lunch tray, take it to the table, set down and open their drink, then take the whole tray and dump it in the trash and go to recess. No-one ever said anything to them about this.

Posted October 19, 2004
My daughter is in the third grade at Ellis. We just love this school. The principal is fabulous and really involved. We plan to keep all of our children in this school district.

Ellis Elementary School
250 Illini Drive, Belleville, IL  62223
Last modified Ellis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ellis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top