Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 29, 2015
To Mr. Zachary Rogers for believing in me enough to bump me up to English 1-2 honors freshman year. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be in a college credit class today and have such a love for theatrical arts.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 29, 2015
There's no communications between teachers so they have no idea that when they assign a project to be due, we also have a test in another class that same day. You're put at a high expectation and when you have to read a section out of a book and then annotate the text, then do Algebra, then work on a lab in Chemistry, and then have to complete DBQ's in history, all while balancing a social and extracurricular life, it gets overwhelming very quickly.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted September 29, 2015
When a school gives classes that allow college credit, honor kids like myself fight tooth and nail to get good grades.

Posted August 25, 2013
My school is the stuff!!!!!! The teachers are always there to help you. They don't complain if you ask for help. WE ARE THE LANCERS

Posted October 06, 2009
Always creatively educating students with disabilities

Posted July 21, 2008
My son graduates this coming year. My daughter will graduate next year. They have went to the Belleville Schools since kindergarten, They are both Honor Roll! That's all I have to say.

Posted April 28, 2008
My daughter went to East her freshman year and loved it. She was in the band and had a great time with it. We are now at another school, and there really isn t a day that she doesn t mention East. I love the fact that you can go to a website and see how your child is doing in her/his classes! I was able to stay informed every step of the way! Academically, the school is superb! We really miss it there. I would definitely send my child there again. One more thing, We loved the dress code! I wish every school would implement one! GOOO East!

Posted February 09, 2008
This school seems to be a great place to be.

Posted August 27, 2007
The academics/sports are great. I know that a dress code needs to be in place, but restict it to 2-3 colors, that can't even have stripes (or any other pattern for that matter) is a bit overboard.

Posted July 04, 2007
I will be a senior in the fall of 2007, my fourth year at BTHSE. All I can say is, wow. This school is absolutely great. The teachers and administrators are outstanding,the course selections are wonderful, the students are very friendly, and the extracurricular activities such as sports and musical competitions are some of the best in the state. The special education and learning disability programs are very highly ranked. There are many types of clubs and organizations to join. Any student will definitely feel welcome at BTHSE. Everyone fits in with other students and the administration and staff. The open campus gives the school a university look and feel, while still providing a sense of safety and closeness. The security is excellent. Three security guards, one Belleville police officer, five assistant principals, and one head principal. I have always felt very safe and at home at BTHSE.

2555 West Blvd, Belleville, IL  62221
Last modified Belleville High School-East is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.