Belvidere, IL
Students enrolled: 1,061

Posted January 16, 2014
I think this school is trying really hard to improve. Given the fairly high percent of student body is low income and parents can't stock up on 3-4 tutors for the child, this school does a lot to help low performing students to improve. We've been in this school for almost two years and my child had a couple of pretty impressive teachers, who helped him to maintain his 90th percentile in ISAT Math and woke up his interest in social studies. Not to say that there are no lackluster teachers, but the principal is working on that. I'm also really pleased how this school deals with bullying - very promptly and effectively, if you are the parent that communicates your and your child needs. There are many schools that are way much worse than BCMS.

Posted October 21, 2013
I have had 2 kids attend this school and they have always been extremely receptive to all of our concerns and very helpful. I am not sure about the other comments about the male principal...currently the principal is a women and has been for several years.

Posted May 17, 2012
I have a child with a learning disability and have been so impressed with this school! Anytime I ever have any questions or concerns, they are immediately addressed with the utmost respect and genuine concern for how my child is doing. I can't say enough how much I have appreciated this and the gains my child has made is proof of this!

Belvidere Central Middle School 1

Posted November 05, 2011
This school is very unorderly. The teachers are a joke. They only care about the next pay check. They also have no respect for the students needs.

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted August 15, 2008
My daughter attended this school and have nothing but praise for it. The teachers were wonderful and very good at keeping me up to date with the progress she was making. two teachers even took the time after school twice weekly to give her the additional help that she needed. I will say that I have never had any dealings with the principal, however the main office staff was spectacular

Belvidere Central Middle School 0

Posted May 13, 2008
Very poor leadership and professionalism demonstrated by the principal. Teachers more than make up for his inadequacies.

Belvidere Central Middle School 3

Posted July 25, 2006
Most of the teachers are star quality at this school. Responsibility should fall on the student/parent, but somehow the parent needs to know in order to participate. The Principal is lacking.

Posted June 24, 2006
To respond to the only comment; at what age do you think children should be responsible for their own grades and actions? When should the parent let the child experience the consequences of their actions? Did you call the teachers in question? I have found this to be a dynamic school full of opportunities. Yes, some students are not doing well, but many, many others are doing very well. One group of students was responsible for raising over $1000 to support an organization that tries to eliminate the global issue of child labor. What is the parent's responsibility, and more importantly, what is the school's? I, for one, would rather my child experience school without me looking over their shoulder. If they fail, that is as much, if not more, my fault for not doing what I can do as a parent. I see my child much longer than tje teachers.

Belvidere Central Middle School 1

Posted February 08, 2005
I find this school very lacking in warmth. The teachers do not care about the children only about the next paycheck. If you were to check the grades every tuesday you woud find about a third of the students failing and most of the parents probably don't even know about it until report card day because the teachers do not know how to pick up a phone and call the parents. Some teachers also make little nasty comments to their students about the parent. Very appropriate don't you think?

Belvidere Central Middle School
8787 Beloit Road, Belvidere, IL  61008
Last modified Belvidere Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belvidere Central Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top