Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Belvidere Central Middle School 2

Posted May 21, 2016
I somewhat agree with the comments about some of the teachers are only here for a check. Certainly, this does not reflect on everyone. But we experienced issues following up on homework, because they would not post info online in the required time period. If your student is sick, they have a minimal amount of time to make it up. However, some of the teachers would be weeks behind posting assignments, and use the excuse they had a sick child at home. I believe there needs to be more flexibility. Too much homework. 2-3 hrs a day not acceptable at this level. Not enough coordination between the different teachers. Accountability, as it pertains to their role in updating online performance, as well as executing preconceived plans to enhance individual performance, is lacking.

Posted March 14, 2016
I noticed there were three one-star reviews on this website. All three one-star reviews have similar terminology, grammar, syntax and spelling, which makes me wonder if it's someone bitter, writing multiple reviews over the years. Specifically, they say the teachers only care about their paychecks. I have no doubt they care about their paychecks. Who wouldn't? To say that's all they care about, how would someone know this? My son came to the school with very minimal cultural understanding, and almost no educational background. The accommodations they made for him, caught him up to speed, and set him on the path to learning, that I highly doubt would have happened at any other school in this area. Despite Illinois financial problems, it does place a priority on student education. Well I've had little dealing with the principal, I do believe that their allocation of limited funds has been well spent. My son's teachers have all been phenomenal. I stay on top of his progress; any issues, and they have been ready, eager, and professional to meet with me immediately. The front office staff has a professional yet nurturing interaction with the student body, evident just by my sitting and observing while waiting to pick up my son off schedule for appointments. There is a "zero toleration" for bullying. I suppose, if your son is a bully, this might be a negative; however, I consider the cultivation of a safe learning environment, which is perceived as safe, to be a powerful advantage. One negative reviewer complained about busses getting in the way (REALLY?!?), and the chaos of drop off/pick up. Considering the volume of kids, I personally was impressed with how well expedited the process was. And I also liked that, instead of having several schools situated throughout the city, with multiple speed zone changes, all the schools are grouped reasonably close together. I only have one child,but I it seems to me that if you had multiple children, it would make a drop off extremely convenient. Just my 2 cents.

Posted January 16, 2014
I think this school is trying really hard to improve. Given the fairly high percent of student body is low income and parents can't stock up on 3-4 tutors for the child, this school does a lot to help low performing students to improve. We've been in this school for almost two years and my child had a couple of pretty impressive teachers, who helped him to maintain his 90th percentile in ISAT Math and woke up his interest in social studies. Not to say that there are no lackluster teachers, but the principal is working on that. I'm also really pleased how this school deals with bullying - very promptly and effectively, if you are the parent that communicates your and your child needs. There are many schools that are way much worse than BCMS.

Posted October 21, 2013
I have had 2 kids attend this school and they have always been extremely receptive to all of our concerns and very helpful. I am not sure about the other comments about the male principal...currently the principal is a women and has been for several years.

Belvidere Central Middle School 1

Posted February 23, 2013
this is one of the worst schools ive ever seen first of all its a challenge trying to get in an out when dropping of my kid.you have 3 schools on the same block..then your fighting the school buses also trying to leave at the same time.the teachers do not keep parents updated on there student grades. and yes they only care about the next paycheck.also there was one time they acused my son of stealing from another studentand sent me a letter saying that he was suspended,i spoke to my kid he said he didnt steal anything that they were playing,ok so i went to the school to confront the theacher about it and get details,now the story change .she said she made a mistake and she was sorry for what happened.

Posted May 17, 2012
I have a child with a learning disability and have been so impressed with this school! Anytime I ever have any questions or concerns, they are immediately addressed with the utmost respect and genuine concern for how my child is doing. I can't say enough how much I have appreciated this and the gains my child has made is proof of this!

Belvidere Central Middle School 1

Posted November 05, 2011
This school is very unorderly. The teachers are a joke. They only care about the next pay check. They also have no respect for the students needs.

Posted August 15, 2008
My daughter attended this school and have nothing but praise for it. The teachers were wonderful and very good at keeping me up to date with the progress she was making. two teachers even took the time after school twice weekly to give her the additional help that she needed. I will say that I have never had any dealings with the principal, however the main office staff was spectacular

Belvidere Central Middle School

Posted May 13, 2008
Very poor leadership and professionalism demonstrated by the principal. Teachers more than make up for his inadequacies.

Belvidere Central Middle School 3

Posted July 25, 2006
Most of the teachers are star quality at this school. Responsibility should fall on the student/parent, but somehow the parent needs to know in order to participate. The Principal is lacking.

Belvidere Central Middle School
8787 Beloit Rd, Belvidere, IL  61008
Last modified Belvidere Central Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.