Berwyn, IL

Posted November 23, 2014
Heritage middle school has fantastic teachers -we especially worked with spec ed and DLP. Their DLP program is one of the best I have ever experienced and I am a teacher besides a parent. All the staff look out for my daughter and really are there for the whole family. I can't say enough good thins and experiences we have had being part of the Heritage family

Posted April 17, 2014
We moved my son to Heritage from a city school due to bullying and are so happy that we made this move. My son has special needs and everyone of them so far have been met. The teachers and kids are great with him and he is making great strides here.

Heritage Middle School 3

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter loves Heritage! She is in 6th grade and I was concerned about bullying, but we have had no problem. She has had wonderful teachers and we are looking forward to the next two years.

Heritage Middle School 4

Posted March 20, 2014
I will always remember Heritage. I'm a student who is about to graduate. Bullying wasn't a problem in the school, and the teachers were the best! They made me feel safe around them. Our principal is a bit energetic, but it's ok. One thing though is the horrible lunch. The only good thing in the menu (which isn't always there) are the sandwiches. Lastly, having computers to support our education was a great choice. Of course students sometimes forget their homework at school, but now that all your homework is in an laptop you wont have to worry.

Heritage Middle School 2

Posted February 26, 2014
I have a daughter that graduated from this school 2010. I currently have my youngest daughter attending Heritage. I was happy with the school then. I am happy with the principal and some of the teacher's now. Unfortunately, the bullying is getting out of hand in sports. I am a parent that likes to participate in everything my child does in school and i have seen the coach watch some of the team mates be bullied by other girls in the same team and ignore it. This type of situations need to be addressed. Luckily my daughter is not one of the victims. Advice for parents that are considering sending there child here. If your child wants to be involved with there school and is shy and are looking to make new friends. This is not the type of school you want your child to enter. If the coach cant stand up for the children in a game. what can you expect in a everyday classroom.

Posted May 08, 2013
My School is very awesome because this group of Sandoval's are There! Best Moment of my life! <3

Posted February 19, 2013
I am graduating this year and I don't want to leave this school. I have grown to love this school a lot. I just hate to see my best friend go to a different school than I am. Once a falcon always a falcon

Heritage Middle School 4

Posted November 29, 2012
I love my school, I am graduating this year I have seen 2 principals and many teachers come and go. My time at HMS will be unforgettable. To that person that posted on Oct. 11, 2010, Principal Hodes was a great person and served HMS for 14 years. She might just be the most dedicated persons you've ever come in contact with! Even if 3 or 4 kids messed around. You are a class as a whole. So what if you go to Morton, the school will be what you make of it!

Heritage Middle School 1

Posted August 24, 2012
To the person who was class of 09, my daughter attending there when that was said and remember that, that is not the way you encourage children. The standards are very low, everything was put on a sliding scale so it did make it look like you were doing well. I moved right after she graduated I sent 3 children there and I have to say I regret not moving sooner, my 4th child is in another district in another county now and is doing work in 7th grade that Morton west freshman would be doing. Also I don't miss that principal she had no business dealing with kids with her I am better then you snobby attitude.

Heritage Middle School 1

Posted October 11, 2010
I was class of 09 and I have to say that my three years at HMS was a complete joke! The standards were very low and they tricked us into thinking we were doing very good, that is until I took my Fenwick entrance exam (recieved a score of 39% and needed an 80%). I felt sooooo cheated out of my education. Also, they punished the whole class of 09 for what a few dumb students did. They (the staff) brushed us off and auto passed us and made us morton wests problem. Thats pathetic. I will never forget that trashy racist low remark our principal said on the day we were rehearsing for our graduation. "you're rehearsing for your graduation in order to recieve your diploma and for some of you this may be the ONLY one you will EVER recieve". What a joke!

Heritage Middle School
6850 31st Street, Berwyn, IL  60402
Last modified Heritage Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top