Bad
Good

Although the school is not funded as well as some of the other schools in the area, I find Jefferson to be a very suitable school for my children. The staff and the teachers especially love the kids and try their best with the resources provided to give the kids at the school the best education that they can. My children have now been at the school for about 3 years now and are very happy. I've seen them progress academically and socio-emotionally. I think where kids fall short unfortunately has very little with the school and more so with parents that don't dedicate their time to the education of their children, and then blame the system for not taking care of their shortcomings. There's a very big gap between some kids who are learning at level and above average and a large majority who are barely making it or are below where they should be. This has a lot to with the parents and not the school or the teachers. Very happy with the dedication of the principal, vice principal, staff, and teachers, the PTA needs an overhaul but outside of that it is a great school. I'd recommend this school, as I was once skeptical too.

This is my child's first year attending Jefferson part time. Although I receive an abundant amount of paper communication, both staff and teacher lack interpersonal skills with parents.

I am a graduate student at Roosevelt University in the College of Education. I recently conducted my reading observation hours at Jefferson in Mrs. Talia Micek's classroom and just had to make a commitment. Talia is an exceptional teacher! Her teaching methods and interest in her students academic success are grade A! The staff I encountered, including Mrs. Tantillo and office staff are very professional and obvious experts in the educational sector. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming! Jefferson is a perfect example of what an educational community should be!

Mrs.Tantillo should have been rated principal of the year for many years. The staff is very interactive and caring of the students. The teachers are great and me and my children love Jefforson!!!

I had three boys in this School and most of the experiences I have had are wonderfull the staff including Principal, teachers, office administrators, social workers have all been friendly, & very profesional. The special education teachers are Excellent. The only complaint I had was the lunch supervisors, hope this will be better next year.

I love going to school every day. I would recremend this school for other students very much. Every day I come home from school I am always able to tell my parents somthing that I learned.They have many inportant asembles as well as more fun ones. They have very good after school programs.They also have a reading program called acselerated reading (A.R) I love that school!!!

The education is great! The teachers are great with the students, I am thankful of the education my children have had. I marked the principal leadership 3 because on november 29 my son which he is in 5 grade was upset because the principal. She should've talked to [him] warning him about the hairstyle or to me(his parent)

I graduated from Jefferson Elementary School in the year of 2003 and attend in St. Joseph High School in Westchester IL. I love this school. The teachers, staff and the principal are great. When I have time, I sometimes visit and say hi to everyone I knew. I assure you that the children will get great education and social skills too.

Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.