Berwyn, IL

Posted February 10, 2015
Although the school is not funded as well as some of the other schools in the area, I find Jefferson to be a very suitable school for my children. The staff and the teachers especially love the kids and try their best with the resources provided to give the kids at the school the best education that they can. My children have now been at the school for about 3 years now and are very happy. I've seen them progress academically and socio-emotionally. I think where kids fall short unfortunately has very little with the school and more so with parents that don't dedicate their time to the education of their children, and then blame the system for not taking care of their shortcomings. There's a very big gap between some kids who are learning at level and above average and a large majority who are barely making it or are below where they should be. This has a lot to with the parents and not the school or the teachers. Very happy with the dedication of the principal, vice principal, staff, and teachers, the PTA needs an overhaul but outside of that it is a great school. I'd recommend this school, as I was once skeptical too.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2014
This is my child's first year attending Jefferson part time. Although I receive an abundant amount of paper communication, both staff and teacher lack interpersonal skills with parents.

Posted April 28, 2010
I am a graduate student at Roosevelt University in the College of Education. I recently conducted my reading observation hours at Jefferson in Mrs. Talia Micek's classroom and just had to make a commitment. Talia is an exceptional teacher! Her teaching methods and interest in her students academic success are grade A! The staff I encountered, including Mrs. Tantillo and office staff are very professional and obvious experts in the educational sector. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming! Jefferson is a perfect example of what an educational community should be!

Posted May 05, 2009
Mrs.Tantillo should have been rated principal of the year for many years. The staff is very interactive and caring of the students. The teachers are great and me and my children love Jefforson!!!

Posted October 20, 2008

Posted January 23, 2008

Posted September 09, 2007

Jefferson Elementary School
7035 16th Street, Berwyn, IL  60402
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top