Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted January 27, 2016
Principal Havis and Assistant Principal Davini have made the school a wonderful place for children to learn and grow. They really support the teaching staff as well. They continue to foster excellence and innovation at the school.

Posted January 27, 2016
Irving is what a community school should be. The dedicated staff from the office to the administration works hard and really cares about the kids. Class sizes are good and the teachers are nurturing but still challenge the children to do better. Innovative things are happening and the results are amazing.

Posted December 12, 2015
I am so pleased with this school. They are able to address the syrong ESL needs while also offering unique programs for accelerated students. The 1:1 laptop/iPad program also helps students learn at their own pace. Big thumbs up for principal Havis and the many great teachers.

Posted September 26, 2013
I have nothing but good things to say about. Irving Elementary The teachers genuinely care about their students. The academics are strong and meet the needs of all students. All kids receive an ipad to do their work which is important in these changing times. Most importantly the families have great morals and values! I have a 5 yr old boy that is very happy with this school, the teachers and friends! Keep up the good work Irving!

Posted February 20, 2013
This school is amazing, it has a vast diversity of teaching tools and links for parents to work with children at home and so be able to review and strengthen skill and retention of material learned. Communication between parents and teachers, anytime I have had a concern, whomever I reach out to responds promptly. They look out for bullying and disrecpect at school and deal with situations immediately. My oldest daughter has been there from 1st-5th grade and my youngest from preschool-3rd grade and they have absolutely adored every single teacher. There are many after school activities available for different grade levels. I am grateful to have my daughters enrolled in such a great school!

Posted March 16, 2012
I am beyond happy with Irving School. My children have been attending for over 2 years now and I can't say enough about how pleased I am. The administration, teachers, and support staff truly go out of their way to make sure my children are learning and receive the extra support they need. They keep families up to date on information within the school. The only thing I wish they would expan on is the gifted program. It's new and not enough students are taken into the program! Thank you to all at Irving who work hard to make sure each child is successful!

Posted January 02, 2012
My son has been enrolled in this school for two years now. He loves this school. Both his 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Novak and his 4th grade teacher Mrs. Brennen are great! This school always communicates well with the parents and always has great tools for the parents to use. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 07, 2009
I love Irving School, but mostly I love Mr. Lane, who I heard is now retiring, Unfortunely my son can't go to Irving because we belongs to Emerson School district, which I dislike very much. I don't like some of the teaher. If you belong to Irving school district you are very lucky, its a great school.

Posted March 10, 2009
My family moved to Berwyn within the past year and I have been very happy with my daughter's progress at Irving School. I feel as though my family was welcomed into the community by Mr. Lane, Mrs. O'Conner and the rest of the staff at Irving. They helped to make my daughter's transition a painless experience. Whenever I have had questions or had to communicate with anyone on the staff they have been extremely helpful. I am glad that my daughter is going to this school. So far it has been a wonderful experience.

Posted October 24, 2008
I do believe that Irving School is the best school in the World! The teacher go out of their way to teach the children before, during and after school. The PTA parents make it a point to become and stay involved in their children's curriculum and always make themselves available for teacher's needs. The principal of the school, Mr. Lane is down to earth and realizes the importance of good behavior, communication and good grades. He is a person who cares. The personnel at the school is always willing to help and answer questions as always very courteous. If I had the chance once again, I would return to this school with my children, but they have moved on to higher education. Good Job Irving!

3501 Clinton Ave, Berwyn, IL  60402
Last modified Irving Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.