Bad
Good

My son is a first grader and in a couple week will be completeing his first year in a public school. Pershing for me has been and excellent school. My son's first grader teacher Mrs. Cole is an excellent teacher and all the teachers that assist her with the children are excellent teachers. My son is reading on his own now, his math skill are improving and most of all he enjoys the day at Pershing. I am enrolling my son in summer school to help him prepare for 2nd grade, a recommendation from Pershing. What is disturbing is that the state of Illinois owes district 100 1.9 million dollars. I as a parent have written to my congressman Lipinski asking how did this happen and to resolve this issue. Dispite the issue Pershing has remaind an excellent school.

I am a parent and have seen an improvement specially now with the new Principal

This is an amazing school. The teachers are totally devoted to the students, school and community. These are very hard working teachers who work late hours and take work home nightly. You child would be very lucky to have a teacher like the ones at Pershing.

I don't put all the blame on the school the parents are not as involved as they are in other schools in the district. My first daughter went to Emerson and when we moved I noticed a difference as far as parents being involved they have open house well at Emerson every classroom was completely full when at Pershing they are lucky if one class room for every grade is full. The school is trying to do more so, I have to give them credit for it the teachers offer after school for reading and I think that is great that tells me that they do care but you would be surprised that not many kids go and that is not the schools fault that comes back to the parents but I do see alot more parents that do care so maybe this will start to change.

I have to agree, this school needs alot of work in administation. Principal is not an agreeable person.

Overrated. Needs alot of work in administration. The teachers dont listen to the kids. Parents don't know what their students deal with on a daily basis.

My 9yr & 6 yr old are attending Pershing School this year 2006 it was a big change for the whole family however with the help of the great teachers & Principal they are both adjusting Thank-You Mrs. Grindyl for welcoming me as a volunteer at your school you've made me & my children feel at home & a big thanks to Mrs. Arvis Thanks for your time & dedication with all of the children & Mrs. Cole for you work with your class. Everyone at this school has been wonderful! I will continue to support the teachers 100% Thank You for all of your hard work. Sincerely Esabel Feliciano

Last modified Pershing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.